“Fabulous for Lunch: Good sandwiches and good chowder!”
Review of Impudent Oyster

Impudent Oyster
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$ 28 - US$ 36
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 12 May 2009

The Impudent Oyster is a good lunch spot in Chatham compared to the other selections in the downtown. We usually start off with a cup of the quohog chowder that is always filled with more clams than potato which makes us very happy! Sandwiches are also fairly inventive here as well. However, if you're looking for something local, go for the Lobster Roll as its always filled with meaty claw meat taken right out of the shell. As for other sandwich selections, the french dip is filling and the Asian shrimp roll with a wasabi mayonnaise is inventive and well priced. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for dinner though as the menu isn't as outstanding as it is for lunch. Something to note is that this restaurant gives into it's small town feel with a sign on the front door reading, please turn off cell phones- always a delight!

cell phones

Reviewed 11 May 2009

A rude waitress, mold on the sandwich's bun, black-edged lettuce in the caesar salad, and a manager who would not take any charge off the bill because "we ate the food." Reputable eating establishments always cater to the customer. Not so at The Impudent Oyster. Do they not know that their customers are their best advertising? Try The Squire on Main Street in Chatham instead for the very best fish and chips!!

1  Thank traveler06032
Reviewed 8 February 2009

My partner and I made plans and kept ours fingers crossed that we would not have the negative experinence of one of the other reviewers.

Immediately we felt good about our choice. We did arrive a little ahead of time and said we'd like to have a drink at the bar first. The hostess said no problem just let the bar tender know when we were ready to move to our table. The bar holds about 15 people so its nice for predinner relaxing. The bartenders were welcoming and the drinks just right. We moved to our table, wonderful next to the window. We enjoyed the oysters and a medely of cod and shellfish for entre, plus the butterscotch brownie for dessert.

The decor is a little throw back with a lot of dark wood and plants but I still liked it. Definately without hesitation recommend.

There never is an excuse for poor service but the strict adherence to reservation times is a must I'm sure in summer so go with the flow and enjoy a great meal. In the summer, I am sure it is overwhelmed so go early and enjoy the bar :)

Reviewed 9 December 2008

Great food. The Portugese mussels get me ever time & go there, & they always have inventive specials. But go at lunch, when it is less crowded and less expensive.

Reviewed 24 November 2008

I have been going to the Oyster for years, and always had a lovely experience and great food. I don't know where some of these negative reviews are coming from, but the Oyster has a wonderful staff and a great menu. I would recommend the Oyster to family and friends as a terrific place for lunch for dinner.