“Even for months without an R in them”
Review of Impudent Oyster

Impudent Oyster
Ranked #6 of 71 Restaurants in Chatham
Price range: US$ 28 - US$ 36
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, International
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2009

My partner and I made plans and kept ours fingers crossed that we would not have the negative experinence of one of the other reviewers.

Immediately we felt good about our choice. We did arrive a little ahead of time and said we'd like to have a drink at the bar first. The hostess said no problem just let the bar tender know when we were ready to move to our table. The bar holds about 15 people so its nice for predinner relaxing. The bartenders were welcoming and the drinks just right. We moved to our table, wonderful next to the window. We enjoyed the oysters and a medely of cod and shellfish for entre, plus the butterscotch brownie for dessert.

The decor is a little throw back with a lot of dark wood and plants but I still liked it. Definately without hesitation recommend.

There never is an excuse for poor service but the strict adherence to reservation times is a must I'm sure in summer so go with the flow and enjoy a great meal. In the summer, I am sure it is overwhelmed so go early and enjoy the bar :)

Reviewed 9 December 2008

Great food. The Portugese mussels get me ever time & go there, & they always have inventive specials. But go at lunch, when it is less crowded and less expensive.

Reviewed 24 November 2008

I have been going to the Oyster for years, and always had a lovely experience and great food. I don't know where some of these negative reviews are coming from, but the Oyster has a wonderful staff and a great menu. I would recommend the Oyster to family and friends as a terrific place for lunch for dinner.

Reviewed 9 November 2008

Our party of four arrived on time for our 7:30pm reservation only to be greeted by a very rude lady who tried to tell us that our booking was for 7pm. This error was clearly made by the staff member who wrote down our reservation. It wouldn't have been a problem for us except that this woman gave us such attitude for being "late". The rude lady told us we should have been there at 7pm and went on and on about how they only hold tables for 10 minutes and had asked me to phone if we would be late.... I knew I had not booked it for 7pm and tried to explain to her the error was not ours but she didn't apologize or accept any fault for the error and her attitude didn't let up.
She totally ruined the experience of what would have otherwise been a satisfactory evening (the food was ok, not great). I had the bay scallops which came deep fried (not what I had expected) and for some reason they were served with a mountain of fries?? I would have preferred a salad or some greens instead of more fried food.
Fortunately our waitress was nice and we didn't have to deal with the obnoxious woman at the front desk any further.

1  Thank outandabout_foodie
Reviewed 19 October 2008

Have dined at the Impudent Oyster since it opened in 1980, but was extremely distressed at the manner of the owner when a medical condition occurred with one of our guests and who the owner then rudely accused of being drunk and perpetrating a "scam." We will have to think long and hard about continuing to patronize this restaurant.

1  Thank CCCHome