Captain David Kelley House
Average 3/5
  • Pool
Average 3/5
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewssconesscone warsb bcape codbed and breakfastpatience roomwonderful hostsfresh fruitbaker roomcraigville beachfour seas ice creamgeneral storescreened porchhouse is beautifulalexander suiteevery morningold friends
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 8 February 2012

Can't begin to express how incredibly theraputic our weekend was.Magnificent accommodations at The Captain David Kelly House in Centerville With our most gracious hosts Rick Garceau & Tom Nortz. This Inn is filled with antiques and the attention to details are in every nook and cranny. I cannot recommend this Bed & Breakfast enough..Rick & Tom made us feel so at home in their historic Inn and they are two of the nicest people in the world....And Boy!! Can they cook!! I think I just made some life long friends..,Thank you for making our girls weekend perfectly filled with friendship, camaraderie, laughs & smiles :-) Until Next time...Oh ..and there WILL be a next time.
    ~Ann M

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
    Reviewed 11 January 2012

...I have to be honest: we've been at David Kelley House in September, but 2010, not 2011.
    Ok, I'm late in reviewing, but I must write something to suggest to all of the "tripadvisors" this wonderful & romantic bed&breakfast.
    Lovely furnishing, clean room, excellent service...
    We spent just a few days there during our honey-moon, but they have been wonderful: Our hosts have been really kind, willing and absolutely flawless... and what an incredible breakfast!
    If you stay at CDK, ask for ther "Eggs Benedict" :-)

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed at the Captain David Kelley House over Christmas. My family's house did not have enough room, so we had to find other accomodations. Rick and Tom, the B&B keepers, are great folks who really try to make you feel at home. Breakfasts were fantastic. The bedroom was lovely and quite comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
    seacaptain539, Owner at Captain David Kelley House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2012

Hi Rob and Suzie,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review us on Trip Advisor. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you'll return again in the future!

Rick & Tom

Reviewed 28 December 2011

My girlfriend and I booked one night's stay in the Captain Baker room for a short trip after our college finals ended. We were greeted warmly by Rick and Tom, who are incredibly gracious hosts. They even called to tell us that the light over their sign went out, as we were travelling at night. The place is pretty easy to get to, but we appreciated their concern. The entire inn was done up for Christmas and everything looked so cute. I personally admire attention to detail and you could tell that they have put a lot of effort into the inn. The old house is beautiful, but very cozy and intimate, which is something you can't really get at a hotel. We had a lot of questions upon our arrival and they answered all of them. They had wonderful recommendations for places to eat and knew the surrounding areas extremely well. I informed them that my girlfriend is a vegetarian, and when we ate breakfast, I was pleased to discover that her dietary needs were respected. We both enjoyed a wonderful vegetable strata, fresh fruit, and homemade scones (made fresh by Rick, who really knows his way around a scone!) All of these accommodations and little details made the stay even more perfect than I had originally intended. It was completely worth it--even for an off-season visit! Book your stay now!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 27 December 2011

I drove to the Cape to rejoin with my "other" family for this past Christmas 2011. They knew Rick and Tom and helped me book a room with them at the Captain David Kelly House. The website is just as great as the experience there. I stayed for 2 nights, solo. The house Christmas decoratrions were what I wish I'd had time to do at home and I felt very much "in the season". My room was on the 2nd floor facing north (I think), and quiet (as was the town) and Oh! so comfortable! The flat-screen was displaying a roaring fireplace. I could go to CNN, but that was out of the question being the Holiday Season.
    My past read on B&B's has been, "well, that's just what you got: a Bed and a Breakfast." Not so here. Wifi in the room, a great common room, and, yes, breakfast. Here the breakfast is a meal with Rick and Tom dualing for the best scones: Saturday morning was Tom's Chocolate-Orange, (like that candy chocolate-orange thing you crack open on Christmas Morning). And a fantastic brocolli/red pepper quiche - Christmas green and red? The next day was Rick's Cranberry/White Chocolate Scone. Tough call. Their scone competition was their banter over the breakfast table, involving all of the guests weighting in. Sorry, Tom: I am going for Rick's Cranberry/White Chocolate scone and hope saying that, I can return. Monday's French Toast was "just like Mom made it" - great bread with a rich, custardy texture made complete with real (VT) maple syrup. The coffee is killer!
    I do not know about Centerville at all as nothing was going on as I saw and I was visiting friends nearby. This B&B was a fantastic experience for one who generally shies away from B&B's. Rick and Tom were great hosts and I highly recommend their stellar, historic B&B.
    NOTE: when I say historic,that's the charming house itself. The guest accommodations are totally current and great.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo