“Fantastic!”
Review of The Fernbrook Inn

The Fernbrook Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Centerville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2016

My husband and I just spent three nights at the Fernbrook Inn and we loved it! Everything from the tastefully styled room (we were in the "Yellow Room")...to the charming breakfasts..to the beautiful ambiance...and the lovely landscaped grounds...all were spectacular! The place is so peaceful! The owner, Mary Anne English, took care of our every need...she is a delight! We will definitely be returning!

Stayed: August 2016

Reviewed 9 August 2016

My family and I stayed at the Fernbrook Inn and it was a wonderful and unique experience. Mary Anne, the innkeeper, is a lovely lady - intelligent, entertaining, and gracious. Everywhere you turn there is something beautiful to look at in the Fernbrook. The rooms were well-appointed and immaculate and the breakfast was delicious. The beach is a pleasant walk but the Fernbrook also has a beautiful outdoor pool that I thoroughly enjoyed. We can't wait to stay there again.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Mary Ann English is probably the worst host I have ever met. Never have I met an "old sweet woman" that was so rude and cold. It was truly her way or the highway in terms of when you spoke, ate or walked on the grass. All she did was tell us how big a nuisance her guests were and how hard she worked. Horrendous horrendous horrendous. This is from late last summer but ran across on this inn just now (as I'm planning for another visit locally)

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
4  Thank maz9389
Reviewed 4 October 2015

Fernbrook Inn was incredible! Even before staying there, I had a lovely phone conversation with Mary Anne. Not only did she take the time to tell me about the fascinating history of the property, she also gave me recommendations for what to do while in New England. I found her suggestions to be some of the most interesting parts of my trip. Mary Anne also went above and beyond to accommodate our travel arrangements, which I greatly appreciated. Upon arriving at the Inn, I found the property to be even more gorgeous than what I was expecting. Mary Anne has taken exceptional care of the property and has decorated the house in a way that makes you feel like you have stepped back in time to a more luxurious period. We spent our first afternoon cooling off in the gorgeous swimming pool. Mary Anne made sure we had everything we needed, including beach towels and cold water bottles. A quiet, beautiful beach is within walking distance of the property, and Mary Anne gave us directions to it and to dinner options. We had our own set of keys to be able to come and go as we liked. Our room was out of this world! We stayed in the yellow room, which was stunning and up to date. There was a tower, a very comfortable 4 poster bed, a jet garden tub, a shower with 8 water heads, a private balcony overlooking the pool, and a hidden flat screen TV. There was also a picture of Marlene Dietrich, who had once stayed there. We had a quiet and restful nights sleep. The next day, Mary Anne had cooked us a delicious breakfast of quiche, bacon, fruit, and hot tea. She was very attentive to our likes and needs. We left feeling pampered and refreshed, having enjoyed a quiet and luxurious stay. I hope to have the pleasure to visit Fernbrook Inn again, and this time stay longer.

Room Tip: The Yellow Room has a turret!
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2015

My husband and I recently stayed at the Fernbrook for the first time to visit with family in nearby Osterville. This inn exceeded our expectations in every way. It's extremely clean, comfortable and well maintained. Every detail of the guest rooms (linens, furniture, fixtures) is much nicer than it has to be. It's really more like staying in a beautiful private home than a hotel. If you enjoy historic homes, art, books and interior design, this is a perfect place to stay. The friendly owner, Mary Anne, went out of her way to make us feel at home - catering to our breakfast preferences and giving us a personal tour of the house and grounds. The inn is centrally located in town, but also quiet. We enjoyed a refreshing swim in the gorgeous lap pool at the end of a hot day. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Because the rooms are so unique, I recommend contacting the owner, Mary Anne, to recommend a room ba...
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple