See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 22 July 2015

My husband and I recently stayed at the Fernbrook for the first time to visit with family in nearby Osterville. This inn exceeded our expectations in every way. It's extremely clean, comfortable and well maintained. Every detail of the guest rooms (linens, furniture, fixtures) is much nicer than it has to be. It's really more like staying in a beautiful private home than a hotel. If you enjoy historic homes, art, books and interior design, this is a perfect place to stay. The friendly owner, Mary Anne, went out of her way to make us feel at home - catering to our breakfast preferences and giving us a personal tour of the house and grounds. The inn is centrally located in town, but also quiet. We enjoyed a refreshing swim in the gorgeous lap pool at the end of a hot day. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Because the rooms are so unique, I recommend contacting the owner, Mary Anne, to recommend a room based on your preferences.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2014

The Fernbrook is beautiful historic Inn full of charm. It is close to everything but tucked away in a quiet setting. The owner Mary Anne is very hospitable and makes you feel right home. The rooms are all unique, tastefully decorated and immaculate. You can feel and see the pride in ownership. I stayed in the Cardinal room which was truly unique experience. It is a magical place that almost transports you back in time. I was sad to leave but look forward to another visit.

Room Tip: They are all amazing! You can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2014

Fernbrook inn was immaculate, very impressed how clean and updated everything was. Inn Keeper Mary Anne was very friendly and accomodating. Breakfast was delicious, will definitley make this stay a yearly trip for me and my wife.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2014

Fernbrook has been meticulously and lovingly renovated by gracious innkeeper, Mary Anne. She has attended to every detail with creativity and flair. I stayed in the Yellow Room, which is superior to the outdated pictures on the website. Beautiful sitting area in a unique turret is part of the spacious and sophisticatedly decorated room. The large bathroom with marble floors, whirlpool bath and multiple headed shower set a tranquil mood. Mary Anne will happily share her stories and history of the house and gardens. She tends to her guests needs with the same care as she does this unique property and accommodated my dietary restrictions with a sumptuous breakfast. Many of the rooms have balconies, nooks and other architectural surprises. The lap pool garden area is an elegant treat. Prepare to be delighted.

Room Tip: Tip: the website pictures don't do justice
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Julia B
Reviewed 16 September 2014

I was visiting my parents in Osterville and since they had other guests for the weekend, they reserved a room for me at Fernbrook. I was so lucky to stay in this gorgeous inn for two nights. My room was delightful with a beautiful canopy curtained bed and special little cozy nooks all around the room. It was a particularly hot and sticky weekend and the air conditioning was cool and refreshing. The bathroom was my favorite-very large with gorgeous tile and an amazing shower and tub. To top it all off, the owner was delightful and kind to me. I was the only one at the inn on this particular weekend but she made me a big wonderful breakfast each morning. A very special place! I look forward to the next time my parents have overflow and need to put me up at Fernbrook!

Room Tip: I stayed in the Yellow Room and loved it!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled solo