All reviews free laundry honor system extended stay hotel washers and dryers kitchen appliances front desk staff movie theater first floor full size fridge fitness room convenient location lahey clinic new england coffee maker bedroom suite nice stay microwave
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay here while visiting from Florida. Loved the Candlewood cupboard! It was so nice to settle in with a cup of hot cocoa after many hours of travel! Room was clean and very comfortable. Was nice to have a desk in the room! The set up was perfect. Easy access to local shopping and some historical sites. We'll definitely be back!

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2016 via mobile

This is our second stay at the motel. We appreciate how it is located near a grocery store, mall and restaurants. Our room was clean and we only had one issue that was quickly fixed (toilet stopped flushing).

The hallways at times smell smoky which for a non smoking family is a turnoff.

My only frustration was on a day with 3-4 inches of snow and sleet the motel should have cleaned the front entrance and parking lot. I slipped and almost fell.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
CandlewoodBurl, Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2016

Dear MTSoccer,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We love being so close to so many great restaurants and of course, Wegmans!

I apologize the front entrance was not cleared in at timely manner. Our maintenance staff works hard to get the sidewalks shoveled and salted as quickly as possible while also making sure they are safe for our guests and employees. I am glad you are okay and hope this doesn't stop you from returning in the future!

Danielle Ducharme, General Manager

Reviewed 13 April 2016

I was a little aprehensive staying here because of the mixed reviews but the price and location were too compelling so I booked a 3 day stay. My Review in short:
Pros:
1) Staff are very genial.
2) the amenities and the lending cupboard are great features.
3) The kitchen is a nice feature especially with full sized fridge. I am in the Specialty Food Business and visiting clients on these trips so there is prep space and cold storage needed.
4) There are numerous, thoughtful amenities both free and available for purchase.
5) The concept of this hotel is ideal for me.
Cons:
1) Regrettably, the place really does have a pervasive, dingy look and underlying odor as of dirty laundry. I purchased a balsam-scented candle to cover.
2) you don't have to look very hard to see there isn't any attention to detail in cleanliness - built-up piles of sand and dirt jammed against the walls and in corners where a casual pass of a vacuum won't reach.
3) My room smelled like someones lived-in home, almost bachelor-like. Not as though it had been thoroughly cleaned.
4) There was a receipt form a grocery store in plain sight on the desk left from the previous guest. The same desktop surface had some residual spots of (?) which were easily removed with a damp paper towel.
When I travel to Chicago, I stay at the Candlewood Suites near O'Hare. That place is immaculate and there is a team of people visibly cleaning all day long. They are also very friendly, and so devoted to the task of keeping that place clean and functioning that they have won my heart over and I don't even look anywhere else. CS isn't really the kid of hotel I would choose for a holiday but for my business trips, the CS in Chicago suits all of my needs.
I've noticed that the negative reviews have prompted a respone from the customer relations people at CS and I respect that. However, the real problem is clearly the poor managemnet of this particular location. Given the chronic reports of a lack of cleanliness, I would conclude the property managers really don't care and should be replaced. I will not stay here again unless someone from CS confirms that the current management has been replaced with a competent person or team.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank DowneastTraveler495
CandlewoodBurl, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2016

First I would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. Your satisfaction is important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the cleanliness level. Cleanliness is a huge focus at our hotel and it truly disappoints me to hear about your experience. I would love to know how we can change your mind. My name is Alexandra Farias the Operations Manager and would like you to please reach out to me personally at the hotel to discuss this matter.

Reviewed 11 April 2016

I just stayed two nights and didn't need or use the full kitchen. If I had my family, that surely would have been an advantage! Right off the highway and walking distance to a small mall with several restaurants.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank imfortun8
Reviewed 23 February 2016 via mobile

The suite is spacious and noise free. The staff is courteous and helpful. I opted the 3rd floor, which I think is much quieter and peaceful.
- Cupboard has food and essentials which can be bought anytime.
- Gym and laundry.
- Shuttle up to 5 miles from the hotel.
- Wegmans and other shops are nearby

Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business