“I think I'm done”

Ranked #11 of 47 Restaurants in Bridgewater
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 13 March 2017 via mobile

Been coming here for many years and food is hit or miss. Just asked for a container of sweet and sour sauce and they charged me extra. Service at the counter sucked. It appears that they are understaffed as we were put on hold while trying to place a takeout until we hungup and walked in. Oh, and waking in of the two doors you can enter, the left one is always locked with no sign so countless people keep pulling on it to find it doesnt work.

1  Thank Christopherc4911

Reviewed 4 February 2017

Was recommended by a friend, i've tried several Chinese take aways around Bridgewater but found that most of them are Thai rather than Chinese, however i think Mee King is more American Chinese, so good news there.
Small bar as you walk in in front of you with a small lounge adjacent, to the right is the dining room, possibly 30-40 covers total.
Tried the chicken curry and had them add pineapple to it, turned out really good, also had the vegetable fried rice, also very good.
Sweet and sour chicken was tasty, great sweet and sour sauce, sticky and sweet with a few chunks of pineapple thrown in for good measure, chicken fingers were standard, as always a little too much batter and not enough chicken, but after saying that they were pretty good.
Boneless spare ribs were juicy and full of flavor, as were the beef teriyaki skewers.
Service at take out was friendly and efficient, prices were reasonable, will be back for sure.

Reviewed 23 August 2016 via mobile

Typical Chinese food. Good selection. Typical prices. Gets busy on weekends so plan ahead. My favorite is vegetable chow mein.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

This is a very good Chinese food for the price. Have eaten there a few times, it is not well lit in the restaurant part. Brighter if you sit in the bar. We do mostly take out, and the variety is great. We have eaten almost all of the appetizers, the Peking ravioli and the crab Rangoon is delicious. Hot and sour soup is among the best I have ever had. The beef and chicken entrees are both delicious. Have had the shrimp, and it is equally as good. The staff is very helpful and pleasant and the food is hot when we get it. Would recommend this restart to anyone in search of good Chinese takeout

Reviewed 27 December 2015

I went to mee king on tues to reserve the lounge area for my friends an I for Christmas dinner, I said there were 20 of us coming an they said it would be no problem at all so I thought everything would be great but nooooo..when we arrived there were people sitting in the lounge area already an when I went to the desk the girl knew nothing about the reservations..well we fit anyways but here comes the worst part..the bartender was the only waitress for the whole place it seemed..we got drinks but then she disappeared for what seemed like 20 mins we finally tracked her down an placed a food order..we got the food ok but needed plates silverware napkins ect..she threw down a pile of each an disappeared again..we needed forks, duck sauce, hot mustard rolls ect..got the duck sauce an hot sauce after we were done eating an never got any rolls or fortone cookies for that matter..waited agin to pay the bill an get containers to take the food with us..we packed it up as she was too busy I guess..NEVER again will we do this on Christmas it was awful the service sucked sooo bad it wasn't funny..now you think that they knew we were coming there would be more than one waitress/bartender im discusted in this place an next year we will find someplace that has better service so with that said mee king is gonna loose out on a 400 dollar bill..so sad used to like it her..oh an also the bartender seemed like she was alil out of it an didn't know what she was doing as the couple sitting near us got there drinks but she never returned to get there food order so they got up an left an said they were going to yangzee lol was a awful day here for sure..i will not got back