“Please Don't Waste Your Time or Money”

Bramble Inn Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 40 Restaurants in Brewster
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Southington, Connecticut
“Please Don't Waste Your Time or Money”
Reviewed 31 May 2011

My husband and I ate at the Bramble Inn this past Memorial Day weekend and yes, the atmosphere was lovely. BUT, that's where it ended! The food was not good at all. I ordered a roast chicken dish with cabernet reduction sauce that was shoc kingly salty and that I could have cooked better myself. It certainly wasn't worth the $22.00 pricetag!
My husband's seafood dish consisted of a few small pieces of shrimp,scallops, cod over rice but was never worth $38.00! I am more than happy to pay a special price for especially good food with decent portions, but this place failed miserably! Service also left little to be desired as well. Save your money and instead go to a true 5 star rated restaurant like the Captain Linnell House in Orleans. That establishment will give you a true dining experience with an excellent atmosphere.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank rhaines11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Newtown, Connecticut
“YUMMMMMMM”
Reviewed 22 December 2010

Went to the Bramble Inn after receiving a gift certificate. Had been years ago and wasn't crazy about the food.
However, they've got a new chef since I was last there and WOW!! The food is fantastic and so is the spot. It's a beautiful antique home with a lovely yard in the back.
We went back 3 times in one week. My sister in law brought tons of "to go" food home for her kids.
Everything was delicious. I highly recommend.

1 Thank ctgrl
Clinton, Massachusetts
“Lobster & Chicken? Whoda thunk!”
Reviewed 16 November 2010

NOTE: Based on visits to their dining room. Wife and I have been here twice....now an annual event. Each time the food seems better, if that's possible. This yr (2010) I had their signature dish, lobster and chicken, a seemingly strange combination. It was hands down one of the best meals I've experienced in 68+ yrs and alot of very good restaurants. The place is kinda tiny but charming and romantic. Service is exquisite. Surely there cannot be a better dining spot on the Cape! Maybe not in New England.

1 Thank Woodse
Brewster, Massachusetts
“Better than ever!”
Reviewed 16 September 2010

I've "dined" at the Bramble several times over the years, including a memorable Thanksgiving dinner. My feeling has been that while the food was fabulous, there was too much and that it was vert rich. Last night, I was at the Bramble with five women friends. The food was unbelievable. I had the salmon nicoise. Just perfect. Not too much food. The warm nicoise dressing over potatoes, grilled artichokes, caper berries, etc. was delicious and the salmon was cooked perfectly. Each of the girls raved about their dinners, with one opting for the $20 plus cost of entree, which included an app, salad, intermezzo, and dessert parfait. I'd return with my husband, but, alas, the diningroom is not handicapped accessible. I'll have to return for GNO.

1 Thank foodieMA
Charleston SC
“Charming restaurant with excellent food”
Reviewed 19 July 2010

We were at the Bramble Inn last week for dinner and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. I had made a reservation and we arrived early enough to have a drink in the bar which is a charming little spot. The very attractive hostess/bartender sure knows how to make a great martini! Our friendly waiter was originally from Paris. He was very knowledgeable about the menu offerings and definitely steered us in the right direction. We both had the seafood stew which was delicious, lovely green salads with a light vinaigrette, and some excellent bread, a small parfait for dessert. Also had an appetizer of oysters on the half shell which were excellent. The dining room is lovely with old china and a very inn like feel. The staff certainly make you feel at home and the atmosphere is warm and cozy. We are looking forward to a return visit.

1 Thank neatbook