“outrageous overcharge”

Add it.
The Bramble Inn
Ranked #9 of 10 Brewster B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 August 2010

We went to the Bramble Inn restaurant for our 30th anniversary dinner. The inn is very old with small rooms which is quaint. The decor was gawdy. The food was nearly tasteless. They overcharged us $100! Yes, that is no typo. $100! The waiter made some excuse about his contact lenses. I think it was done on purpose.

Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank marcogirl321
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 16 September 2009

What a beautiful place, and what charming, wonderful hosts! We had the best time, and we only wish we could have stayed longer. The restaurant is amazing, as good as anything in Manhattan. We cannot recommend this wonderful inn enough.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Bramble Inn for our 29th wedding anniversary. When we called the Inn to make our reservation and told them we had stayed there on our honeymoon, there was no reply, such as "How nice" or "Welcome back". That should have been our first hint.

When we arrived there was no one to greet us, but they had left the key.
The next morning we did not go down to breakfast, and had notified the innkeeper the night before. Much to our dismay, the woman who cleans the rooms tried to walk in as we were in bed, without even knocking. Then an hour later (@10:30 AM), there was another knock again trying to get in. I have never had this happen in any other B&B before, and felt really rushed with this impolite behavior on their part.

The next morning, we did go to breakfast (mind you -- we had not met the innkeeper yet.) A woman told us where to sit, and informed us what breakfast would be. I HAD TO ASK if she was the innkeeper; she replied yes, and never introduced herself. So we introduced ourselves, and, quite frankly, she was disinterested and never asked us how things were going or if we were enjoying our stay. I therefore did not share with them about the morning before. NOTE: The breakfast was delicious.

The room we stayed in was small which was fine. However, don't clog up what little space there is with knick-knacks all over, so that there is no room for the traveler, even on the nightstand or in the bathroom.
We were very disappointed with our stay and would not recommend this B&B - mainly for their indifference, and our bad experience the first morning.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Peg R
Reviewed 10 August 2007

My husband and I found The Bramble Inn & Restaurant to be charming and romantic. We stayed in room # 4. It was bright, spacious and absolutely gorgeous! We wanted to move in permanently. The room included a fabulous breakfast which was prepared by Cliff, one of the owners. His conversation and recommendations were as good as his cooking.

We made a reservation to eat at The Bramble Inn's well known gourmet restaurant. This experience only furthered my desire to never leave this perfect little place on Cape Cod.

Cliff’s wife Ruth is the evening chef. My husband had the Lobster Bisque, very rich and delicious, he ate every last drop. He had the sorbet rather than a salad; his main dish was Chicken with Lobster. This perfectly cooked dinner had a sauce that was to die for. We could have eaten it like soup, it was that tasty! I started with the five onion soup; I’ve never had onion soup so rich and wonderful. My mango sorbet was a refreshing transition into my main dish, Seafood Curry. This assortment of lobster, scallops, shrimp and cod was served over a bed of rice with grilled banana, fruit chutney and a mild curry sauce poured over the whole dish. The combination of flavors melted in my mouth. The chutney was so good, I asked for more. Even though we both had some form of seafood, there were also many choices from vegetarian to rack of lamb and NY strip. They have a beautiful wine list and a great selection of recommended martinis from the bar.

I have never tasted chocolate in a better way than in the Chocolate Isosceles dessert that completed my meal. It was rich and dense and each bite was accompanied by a moan from me.

Everything there was worth every penny. The whole experience was beyond worth a trip to Brewster – from anywhere!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank LovingCapeCod2007
Reviewed 23 July 2007

I went to Cape Cod for a wedding. I called the hotel suggested to me by the wedding party but it was full. The hotel suggested several small B & Bs. I called the Bramble Inn first. They had the room available for our nights needed so we stay there. I had absolutely no expectations since I did not know anything about the inn. What a pleasant surprise. It's a gorgeous, quaint and sophisticated inn. We had 3 nights. 2 of which we were involved with the wedding. Our available night we spent eating at the inn. Exquisit! The meal was simply superb. All lovely ladies serving delicious food. I couldn't tell you who our server was, so many of them manned our table without missing a beat. Nothing was every duplicated. No question asked twice. The food we ordered was delivered in an unhurried rush. We had a dining experience never to be forgotten. Quality food, exquisitly adorned the plates served to us by gorgeous ladies in black and lace. Go to the Bramble Inn and you will not be disappointed. I have and will continue to recommend it anyone going to Cape Cod, Brewster.

Stayed: July 2007
3  Thank Annnnn
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
2.6 km away
0.2 km away
Captain Freeman Inn
Captain Freeman Inn
#1 of 10 in Brewster

Been to The Bramble Inn? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK