“Nothing but a positive experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brewster
Springfield, Massachusetts
“Nothing but a positive experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2012

We have been planning our wedding for September of 2012 for 7 months now and have had nothing but positive experiences so far. My fiancee's and my family were up for our menu tasting and ALL staff was extremely accommodating, in particular: Heather, Kathryn, Micah and Helena. We are looking forward to the big day in September and are more than happy with the food, accommodations and, most notably, the staff to this point!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2012

We stayed for the first time in April after hearing a commercial on the radio. This is a really nice resort. It is very big and you should know that before going, however they deliver in every area.
Great rooms, pools and friendly staff. They kept asking if they could do anything else for us; nice touch! We will be back this summer.

Room Tip: Villages side rooms are older and away from main Mansion.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank anne b
San Jose, CA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

We say beautiful pictures on the internet and booked a room fortunately only for 1 night. We arrived through gates and beautiful mansion at sunset with the water. Then we checked in . . . We were told to head back down the road and go 1 mile away to a condo complex and we were place 3 levels down to the basement room which was very dark. The place was a ghost town b/c it was off season. We went to go to the Golf Course restaurant for dinner after looking at the menu online. We got there to find one person working and a limited menu(burgers). After a long wait for our burgers, we watched another man with a table of 10 flip out on the waitress for the horrible service. On the upside, they had an indoor pool - which was basically a lap pool but it is the only pool we found open on our travels. Definitely find out if you are staying in the mansion, it is nothing special otherwise . . .

Room Tip: Get a mansion room or go somewhere else.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank SanNicola
BryanWebb, Director of Sales at The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your ultimate room assignment. As I mentioned to a previous guest, we attempted to accurately depict the location and style of our one-bedroom villas. We recently redesigned our website to properly delineate the two distinct side of the resort. We hope this will give future guests a better understanding of what that will experience before arriving to Ocean Edge. The dates of your stay obviously coincided with off-peak season. Many of the services and amenities that are customarily open during our peak travel months are simply not available during that time. I sincerely hope that you will contact me directly if you have travel plans to the Cape. I would be delighted to help you find accommodations on the Mansion side of the Resort that fit your travel needs.

Bryan Webb, Director of Sales & Marketing

Travellers are raving about these Brewster hotels

Fairhaven
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

I booked a room in the more expensive Mansion side of the resort about three and a half hours before we got to the resort. We wanted a get-away where we could have easy ocean access, maybe a view and be pampered alittle bit. When we arrived, the staff apologized but said they did not have the type of room we booked available - they over booked and they were putting us in a timeshare type condo with a bed and pull out couch - far from any view and no access to the resort's beach. Crazy! I think they just wanted to fill up their timeshare units. In the many, many years of my traveling, this was the first time I have ever been down graded!

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
12 Thank Janine P
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback on the TripAdvisor website. Please allow me to apologize that you were placed in a different room than what you originally booked. Our goal is to exceed your expectations by placing you in the accommodations that you originally booked at a very minimum. Unfortunately, we obviously feel short of that mark. I sincerely hope that you will contact me directly should you have future travels plans to Cape Cod. I will personally ensure you receive the correct accommodations and the pampering that you rightfully deserve. I hope that you accept our apologies as they are sincere. We would love to win you back as a guest for many future stays.

Odessa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

oceans Edge, a good price $159 nightly for size but not what I had in mind. You check in at "The Mansion" as you check in you look out upon a beautiful outdoor pool and beyond it the spectacular expanse of Ocean. I was very pleased and felt like that is exactly what I was thinking of as I booked. Checked in , I was directed to the Arbor Village. I had to pull out to Rt 6A Right turn not far left turn into the Village and thought hmmmmm, beach is close but not in my view. No problem a walk over to Mansion and Beach will be fine. As I drove further and further ...still further down a 15 mile an hour road with speed bumps. My vision of a Cape Cod experience washed away.
Finally I drove into a empty parking lot, parked & went to room. Smell of hallway was weird, there is 4 villas in this building 2 upstairs and 2 down. Opening the door noticed it had dent (big,noticeable dent) looked like door was locked & someone used something to pry it open. Door was hard to close,need to lean on it and harder to unlock it when getting out!
There is a living area,kitchen the couch has some yuck stain of food? On it and hallway smell continues into unit. I turned on heat (chilly April) put on automatic but it does not ever shut off so just a dusty heat blowing continuously. There is nice white furniture but dirty, smudges on things light switches, curtains. I had stayed 2 nights ago in the Watertown,NY Hampton Inn $130 for the night and that room was immaculate! So guess I expected same here based on reviews. Had to call Internet connection issues but fixed by a young man on help line but he was not the most pleasant person. It did get it fixed though.

Now the weird! I decided time for bed and knocked phone off the cradle. I simply placed it back. Soon the phone rang and it was the local police. Is everything alright the dispatch asked? I was confused, why are you calling me? You hit the emergency...I apologized and he asked for my lic # to verify call. I searched for purse and complied, lic out at the point the officer decided he wanted someone to stop by. I am a women traveling alone and not knowing what in this situation needed checking out ,became nervous. While waiting for the Officer to show up called the front desk to verify that this was typical action taken by local law enforcement. Gal at front desk...said "oh you hit 911". NO! I did not ,just hit phone off cradle. She cont. " oh kids hit phone,numbers". Nope wrong again I am alone. I said..is it unusual for Police to come to room for this situation. Front Desk " oh they are coming to your room?". Yes! She said , yes it us unusual but guess they are just checking on you. I informed her that I felt uncomfortable not having someone from hotel with them since I am traveling alone & find this odd. ( I travel often all over Europe and this has NEVER happen before. Now flashing through mind is the dent in door that looks like it was crowbarred open.)
Front Desk Gal continues to answer any of my concerns with " I am sure they are just trying to make sure you are safe". Yes, sure they are but as a women alone opening the door for a phone falling off craddle is odd! At hat moment bell rings to room, so bid gal a thanks and hung up. Open door, an Officer in uniform asking where I am from, taking my license and then left. He did say they get many calls from this Resort. The Resort, I will not be staying in again.
The hotel front desk never called back to ask , did that situation turn out ok? Nope Front Desk could not be bothered that I was nervous..she just continued to use empty response repeated to me and since no call most likely never gave it another thought. I am used to a bit more attention to detail.
TV's are old, one remote not working. Bed is comfortable but driving in & out is lengthy ,slow...bumpy. Will go for a place where I can see Ocean next time Red Jacket Inn is place I have stayed here before,should have not tried something new. :-/

Room Tip: Mansion side has view of Ocean and Village area is far back on road through Golf Course. More than a...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank AnneR4
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. I am sorry that you were unhappy with your ultimate room assignment. We tried very hard to accurately depict the location and style of our one-bedroom villas. We recently redesigned our website to properly delineate the two distinct side of the resort. We hope this will give future guests a better understanding of what that will experience before arriving to Ocean Edge. I have met with the housekeeping team to discuss the issues that you described in your review. I can assure you our standards are higher than what you experienced, and I sincerely apologize that we fell short of your expectations. As for the Emergency incident, this is unfortunately something that is beyond our control. Similar to most police departments around the country, Brewster Police are required to fully investigate all 911 calls/incidents. Ocean Edge is a gated community with security in many strategic locations, so your safety should have never been in doubt. Once 911 is dialed however, the hotel is not permitted to clear the emergency with the respective emergency response team. The responding agency is required to investigate the incident until they are satisfied that an emergency does not exist.

I do appreciate your time and for bringing this to our attention. I have shared your comments with my team and will learn and grow from your experience accordingly. I sincerely hope that we have not lost your patronage. Should the need arise; I hope that you will contact me as I would love to demonstrate that we are far better than what you initially experienced.

Bryan Webb, Director of Sales & Marketing
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brewster
0.0 km away
Anchor In Hotel
Anchor In Hotel
#1 of 22 in Hyannis
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,006 reviews

Been to The Villages at Ocean Edge Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK