“Pricy Food”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 April 2017 via mobile

Went here for dinner. Meals were quite pricy. It was me and my Mother. We were very pleased with the quality of the meal. Just a little spiked in price.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and service. Get there early on Friday night. Fish tacos are excellent and so are the burgers. Great specials and the Grapefruit pudding is to die for.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

My family & I have been frequenting Jamie's since they opened; a definite favorite for years. However, since their big remodel, they are not the same "family" friendly neighbor place.

My brother & I went in during week at around 7PM, restaurant was about half full. Overhead music was extremely loud, so loud in fact we had to shout to ask server if volume could be lowered. His answer was an odd "it's up to the bar tender". Duh?

Immediately noticed the menu had less selections, higher prices & unfortunately my favorite burger had been removed. We both ordered burgers, mine medium rare, brother's medium well. We sat in silence as neither one of us felt like trying to have a conversation shouting over the music. We ordered their "onion tower" as an appetizer. The option of a basket of onion rings was no longer on menu. Awful choice. We got exactly 7 onion rings, literally dripping with grease. Disgusting & unappetizing watching grease drip onto plate from this skewer-type serving gadget (each ring was piled on top of the other on skewer.)

Food arrived OK but fries looked "dead" (ultimately tasted awful--they've obviously changed to a cheaper product). Such a shame as their fries were always excellent.
We started to eat & my brother said his burger was under cooked. Server came by at that exact moment & when told burger was under cooked, server took top off my burger, looked at it & said we had each other's burgers so he just swapped plates! Unacceptable & totally disgusting as we'd both taken at least one bite of our burgers. Both of us we so shocked neither of us spoke & server left.

We ate our meals in silence but I was grossed out about server's plate switch and did not enjoy my meal. By the way, quality of meat used was definitely of lower quality than Jamie's previously served.

Due to budget constraints we rarely dine out & when we do it's a treat; for years we've gone to Jamie's exclusively. Sadly, we will no longer be frequenting Jamie's. Their focus seems to have switched from food to their bar. I've run into several friends who also were regulars at Jamie's & they also said they won't be going back. Such a shame.

Sorry Jamie's but you've somehow managed to ruin a perfectly good restaurant that had good menu choices, reasonable prices, good specials and a friendly environment. To add insult to injury when we were leaving, I asked the hostess "what happened to the old Jamie's?" She said: "if you want the 'old' Jamie's, visit our Whitman location". We live in Braintree less than 2 miles from their location. Fat chance I'll drive to Whitman--I will no longer support this venue.

Reviewed 13 March 2017

I have gone to this restaurant off and on for years and I have always enjoyed it. I would bring family or friends there for any meal.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

Well done with the remodeling inside. Clean and warm. Tv's sprinkled throughout with a view from every seat. Fire place to add to the charm.

Food was good and menu underwent a change as well with remodel. Pricing for food about average. Adult beverage menu extensive .

Service on the dining side needs improvement. Little slow, not attentive and didn't check back when food came. Otherwise, it was a good choice.

1  Thank Shannon-Lee R