“On My New England List”

Joe's Pizza
Ranked #81 of 139 Restaurants in Beverly
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 9 August 2015 via mobile

Have gone here for more than 40 years and it is a must do every time I go back to New England. The decor has not changed and it is "rustic" to say the least as Ritchie caters mostly to take out. For me, there is not a better thin crust pizza out there. Fresh ingredients and recipes that are decades old. Never disappoints. If you are looking for a nice, sit down restaurant this is not your place.

Reviewed 26 October 2012

I am not sure how people eat here. I had heard great things about this place. Most notably that my parents used to eat there when they were dating and then I had a friend who said it was his favorite. So, I tried it one night. First, I'm pretty sure there is no ventilation for the pizza ovens. second, I was confused as to whether this was a pizza place or a recycling facility. Lastly, the pizza was really bad. Even at midnight after a few drinks I could tell it barely edible. The only good thing is that it is dirt cheap.

2  Thank Rachelle G
Reviewed 10 August 2012

I had a sausage and onion pizza and a sample of the anchovie and garlic. Its super tasty, thin crust pizza,

Reviewed 10 July 2012

The pizza is good, and even great at 3am. Opens late and closes later. Expect to see police officers, firemen and emts.

3  Thank Denise_and_Dana