Review Highlights

Reviewed 6 April 2018
JimGeorgiou23
Newport, Rhode Island
via mobile

All reviews yogurt homemade greek spinach pie moussaka olive oil food items honey olives pantry market greece varieties dessert yum number
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This Greek market has wonderful high quality Greek food. The freshly made yogurt is the best I have ever eaten. The 2% plain yogurt and the honey coconut are my favorites.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Sophia's pantry is a must visit if your around the area you should taste the best yogurt for sure and the huge variety of greek tastes they offer, also the atmosphere is very friendly.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

I went to this palce to try the yogurt since i ve heard it is great, but this was above any expectation! Also this lady has made a lot of traditional greek recipes that i loved!

Reviewed 25 March 2018

Love to pick up Sophia’s outstanding and famous Greek yogurt when we are in the neighborhood as well as visit the terrific olive bar. Occasionally splurge for a quick lunch bite such as their authentic cheese pies in phyllo dough - Tiropita. This one was so tasty - flakey and light (not oily) - taking me back to our time in Greece.

1  Thank Callisto S
Reviewed 6 August 2017

Sophia's is a very nice, small Greek market.

They have a variety of frozen, canned/jarred, and fresh foods, both sweet and savory. They've got everything from olives to individual portions of fresh moussaka, to gemista (stuffed peppers with rice or meat), to octopus salad, to rice pudding.

A Greek-American newspaper from New York is even sold here.

Recommended!

Reviewed 3 June 2017

The only better yogurt I had was in Greece when I was in college, and memory has a way of making things special. So, likely, this is the best yogurt I have ever had. It is the reason to come here. Once here, there is a great selection of Feta cheeses and olives, as well as imported canned goods. Bottom line, though, is the yogurt.

Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

People come from all over to stock up on Greek food items. I go for olive oil, olives, the many varieties of feta, stuffed peppers, and, above all, Sophia's homemade yogurt. The yogurt comes in a number of honey-sweetened flavors, and also frozen. However, the plain yogurt is absolutely amazing-/ the best I have ever had. Yum!

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

Came here for homemade Greek yogurt it was very good and I recommend it. Also tried spinach pie which was average nothing special. They offer other Greek desserts and foods as well. Would definitely try them out again

Reviewed 15 May 2017

Went in with friends who raved about the yogurt and we were offered tastes of the flavors to help make up our minds. I bought a medium size of honey raspberry and ate some for dessert with fresh raspberries and for breakfast the next day with a little granola and walnuts. It was so delicious that I can't wait to go back. I also bought a spinach pie which i had to eat on the way home despite flaky crust falling on my coat. Too good to stop!

Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

Love pretty much everything Sophia makes. The yoghurt is to die for. Even has almond milk yoghurt recently on sale. Great neighborhood place. Thx Sophia.