“Delicous tableside guacamole, wide variety of menu items, good drinks”
Review of Plaza Mexico

Plaza Mexico
Ranked #3 of 71 Restaurants in Bellingham
Description: Plaza Mexico Bar & Grill is a Bellingham favorite when it comes to authentic Mexican dining. Check out our fajitas and tableside guac!
Reviewed 1 July 2016

We are new to the area and have dined here twice and have been very happy both times. The tableside guacamole is a must and is delicious, their taquitos (the chicken ones specifically) are great and the chimichanga is also very good. We've had drinks as well, which are flavorful. Fun atmosphere, busy but comfortable pacing, and our servers have been pretty good both times. We'll definitely be back to try some other menu items, of which there are MANY...the menu is huge.

1  Thank Jayme S

Reviewed 26 June 2016

My wife and I returned to Plaza Mexico for dinner on Friday June 24th. We were welcomed warmly at the door, and asked where we'd like to sit. We chose the restaurant section portioned from the bar this time.

Upon being seated by the hostess, and kindly greeted by our friendly and talented server, Andres, we ordered our beverages, and were introduced to the Guacamole cart where a nice young gentleman created a guacamole from fresh whole ingredients at our tableside. He asked whether we liked mild or picante, and then showed me how he combined, prepared and mixed all the ingredients in a traditional stone bowl, which is how it was served to us.

For dinner, my wife had the Nachos Supreme, and I had the Fish Tacos. Both were fresh tasting and flavorful. We enjoyed our visit, and our server Andres was wonderful. We look forward to returning for new and different dishes.

3  Thank patdoyle2016
Reviewed 20 June 2016

Mexican food doesn't have to make your eyes water from the spices in order to be good. That being said, the food at Plaza Mexico is well prepared and flavorful, simple yet delicious, if not presented as beautifully as some other places I've visited. The menu is huge and offers a wide variety of dishes, everything from authentic Mexican food to more "Tex-Mex" type favorites.

1  Thank Nyarla2084
Reviewed 9 June 2016

We've been here once before and thought we'd give it another shot for a late-ish Sunday night dinner. Service was rather slow, which could be because it was rather quiet late on a Sunday, or in spite of it being rather quiet on Sunday. But once you get beyond that, the food just does not cut it. I had a beef taco/chicken burrito plate and the beef taco was simply beef and lettuce, and the chicken burrito was just chicken with cheese and sauce on top. I suppose in a literal sense I got what I asked for, but really? My companion's dish was also hum-drum, and in my opinion it's all way too salty. It's just not interesting, or prepared in way that makes you feel that it didn't come out of a can. With a couple of other better Mexican restaurants in either direction, their best hope may be overflow from TJ's.

Reviewed 7 May 2016

Had not heard of this place but the local Clipper Magazine had a coupon so we gave it a whirl. The restaurant is in a strip mall but don't let that dissuade you. The décor is fantastic inside - some real cool wall decorations.
The table side guacamole is unbelievably good. Their salsa and chips are great too. The chips are light and thin so you actually need to be careful when scooping guac with them. Be careful when you order the margueritas - mine was big enough to bathe in and it wasn't even their largest. The food was very good and we will definitely return. The menu is very big and diverse. A nice addition.
Be warned that their Woonsocket location is closed, so be sure to go to Bellingham.

1  Thank 508Ella