“Home away from home!!”

Ranked #16 of 68 Restaurants in Wheaton
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 15
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Always a welcoming sight to see.. Rows of golden dark skinned ducks, yellow skinned boiled chicken, a whole slab of crispy skin porky and rows and rows of barb-b-qued pork glistening with honey..
Another good day for me.. I ordered the triple delight.. A bowl of yellow noodles in a sal broth filled to the brim with cuts of crispy pork, bbq'd pork and duck slices.. The wife had the home style tofu. The service is when the food gets to you but the food is always as good as home.. You leave full and satisfied with a doggie bag to experience it all again.. Always a ace I can count to bring me home.. Keep traveling and keep eating..
Rolly H..

Date of visit: May 2016

Reviewed 22 June 2016 via mobile

We came here for an early dinner on Father's Day. The food was, as usual, amazing. We had the crispy shrimp, the barbecued roast pork, the roast duck, the oysters in a pot, fresh whole tilapia and stir Fried vegetables. Staff were very nice and attentive. The decor is worn, but the food more than makes up for it.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 26 March 2016

If you are looking for fancy, spicy food, don't come here. This is Cantonese food from the South of China. Simple food well prepared and tasty but not spicy. The best barbecue pork I have had anywhere on 3 continents. This place has been here for decades, the decor is dated, and parking can be a challenge, but you don't come for that, you come for the food. I drive 25 miles to eat here and get carry out to snack on for the following week. The baby clams in black bean sauce and barbecue pork are fantastic, Ask what fresh greens they have - if something sounds interesting, ask your server how they will prepare it. If it sounds good, give it a try. I love this place.

1  Thank lee510
Reviewed 16 March 2016

ate here recently. service was very slow, meat was fatty. much better choices nearby. maybe mgmt changed?

Reviewed 15 March 2016

Normally, I don't care much for Cantonese food. Among the Chinese cuisines, I prefer the fire of Szechuan or the heartier flavor of Beijing or Shanghai. So, when a friend asked me to join him at Paul Kee's, I figured I'd merely be doing him a favor.

As it turned out, this was one of the best Chinese meals Ive had in this area. We ordered four dishes, and each one was excellent -- each was memorable in its own right. The best of all was the first one: Shrimp Dumpling Soup Hong Kong Style. There were 10 dumplings, each one large and rich, with a delicate shell. And, the broth tasted fresh, unlike other local restaurants when the broth tastes as though it had sat around for three of four days. Our second dish was two barbecued meats -- roast duck and roast pig. Be prepared -- both are fatty. But, each was cooked just right, so that the meat was soft and delicate without being overcooked. Our third dish was clams with black bean sauce. This was a risky order, since it is easy to overcook clams, and overcooked clams have the texture, consistency and taste of a pencil eraser. These were perfect -- succulent and very tasteful. Our final dish was chicken and scallops with mixed Chinese vegetables. This one had some chili pepper, my friend's concession to me. It was delicious -- and, you could clearly taste the chicken and the scallops.

Often, suburban Chinese restaurants are notorious for their surly service. We had two different waitresses, and each was polite and attentive.

Finally, the price was modest -- $50 for all that we had. It was great value. I ate too much but enjoyed every bit of it. I will return.

1  Thank ElGuap0_1