“Good value for the money”

Days Inn Westminster
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Westminster
Bayville, New Jersey
“Good value for the money”
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We stayed at the Westminster Days Inn for 3 nights from Feb. 17, 2012 to Feb. 20, 2012. I had originally booked for two nights, but was able to stay a third, and went online only to find a different, higher price, but when I called the hotel they were able to add the night at the same rate. Although the room was not that large, it was comfortable, and had everything you could need. The beds were so so, and my wife felt that maybe a better vacuum job could have been done, but overall we were pleased with the accomodations. Check in & check out was easy, and the rate we paid was good.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Mentor
Reviewed 5 March 2012

Never expected to rave about a Days Inn - but I will. Updated clean room, REALLY comfortable beds, friendly staff, excellent breakfast, and a 24-hour coffee/tea bar in the lobby.
Not what I expected. I forgot I wasn't in a Marriott! An Ohio resident.

Room Tip: My third floor room was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 5 December 2011

Stayed for 2 nights at the Day's Inn for my cousins wedding. I have had awful experiences with this chain but there isn't much to choose from in this area. I have to say that for a Day's inn I was fairly impressed.

Check in was smooth and easy. No wait at the counter and the staff was very attentive. The elevator is a bit slow and there is only one but it's only a 3 story hotel and the wait was never terrible.

Had a 2 queen double as I was there with my kids. The room was fairly spacious. Carpet needs to be upgraded but it was clean. You can tell by the bottom of your kids white socks. Fridge in the standard room. Very nice to house leftover pizza. The bathroom was rather small and cramped and it got tight when getting ready as the sink and mirror are outside the bathroom by the room door. But clean, my biggest barometer.

Free continental breakfast standard for a Choice Family hotel chain. Awful waffles, tiny cups for a shot of juice or milk. Seriously, start getting standard size cups people! It's rediculous to have to refill your glass 4-5 times.

Overall an average stay, hardly any complaints. I didn't expect much going in as most Day's inn are very spartan at best. This one was good for this chain, average when compared to staying most other places.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank randy623
York, PA
Reviewed 5 December 2011

When booking a one-night stay for my family in Westminster, MD, I found the choice of hotels to be extremely limited. Our choice was between Days Inn and another large chain hotel. The other chain was one we've recently stayed at in another location and were happy with, but the deciding factor was the queen beds at Days Inn vs. the doubles at the other place. Didn't hurt that Days in was $20 less! Admit I was leery about Days Inn in general; we've steered clear of them over the last several years. I used to stay at them a lot from the 70s through the 90s, but in recent years, many of their facilities have grown tired and dated, and the amenities are sparse. Other, better-appointed chains offer comparable pricing. But, figured for one night, we could live with it if it wasn't great.

Well, were we ever surprised when we arrived! This is probably the nicest Days Inn I've ever stayed at. Even the outside didn't look like your typical DI. The hotel has recently been renovated, and for a Days Inn, I'd call it almost upscale (for a DI....). From the gorgeous chandelier in the lobby to the nicer-than-usual room appointments, one wouldn't realize he/she was in a Days Inn if one didn't know it! Rooms have nice-looking, cherry-finish furniture; brushed-pewter-finish lamps and light fixtures, which were probably expensive; and a great desk area with adjustable office chair--so you don't have to use a side chair when working at the desk. The desk lamp even had outlets in its base so you can conveniently plug your laptop or other electronics into! The continental breakfast, while not providing make-your-own waffles, had more than your usual fare (including ready-made waffles you can toast, hard-boiled eggs, etc.). And one of the most-appreciated features by this family was the 24-hour coffee bar right by the elevators. Plus, the in-room coffee service had plenty of coffee bags, creamer & sugar packets, etc. My husband & kids raved about the comfortable mattresses, and I found the room to be extremely quiet--no noise from the hall or adjacent rooms. And the rooms come standard with small fridge and microwave, a nice surprise. The only complaints we have are that the in-room heat/air unit was terribly noisy, but we got used to it in short order; there were 4 of us staying and only 3 sets of towels & washclothes; and the fan & light in the bathroom are on a single switch (we kept the bathroom light on with the door slightly ajar as a makeshift night light, but even so, couldn't really hear the fan going with the door mostly closed). The dresser is small, too; a family of 4 staying more than a couple of days would have trouble fitting everything into it. Room was very clean, staff friendly, and the location was fantastic--less than 5 minutes to get to the places we had on our itinerary. Westminster is a very difficult town to get around in (we've been there many times and are just now figuring it out), and the location of this Days Inn was incredibly convenient.

Oh, I should mention that we LOVED the fact that checkout isn't until 12 noon--haven't run into that plus anywhere in decades. This was a trip for family R & R, and not having to rush to check out in the a.m. was wonderful. We will definitely stay here again next time we do an overnight trip to Westminster!

Room Tip: Not much going on behind hotel, so rooms at the back would probably have a nice view. Continental br...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank BirdyC
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 August 2011

Days Inn Westminster is not fancy but it is CLEAN. # 1 on my priority list. Woman at the desk in the evening is superior. Warm, friendly and can't do enough for you. Manager was great and the breakfast room, although sort of antiseptic (can be a good thing) in decor has a wide variety of foods to start your day right. We have never found the beds to be anything but comfortable and the pillows are great. Given the slim pickings in Westminster, we feel like we have found home while visiting McDaniel College with our daughter. Note: we'd love to see them go to a 3-sheeted-bed situation as not having to touch a blanket would make our stay almost perfect. :) One more thing...The windows actually open to let in fresh air - YEA YEA YEA. Love fresh air to sleep by. Hard to find in hotels anymore.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tournamenttogo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westminster
3.0 km away
25.5 km away
Hyatt Place Baltimore/Owings Mills
32.2 km away
Sleep Inn & Suites Emmitsburg

Been to Days Inn Westminster? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK