“Average mall”

Ranked #15 of 17 things to do in Westminster
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

The mall used to be busier but stores have moved out and most places to eat are gone now. Still have theater and a couple of anchor stores. Still a nice mall to walk around

Date of experience: November 2016

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

Used to be a busy little mall. The only decent place to shop in town. No more. All restaurants are closed and the smaller store are empty. It is suffering from what every box store, mall in America, they are getting killed by the Internet. Sad, no place to hang out like the old days.

Date of experience: September 2017
1  Thank bradrobenolt
Reviewed 16 August 2017

Our once beautiful, fun and vibrant Cranberry Mall (now Westminster Town Mall) is slowly becoming a ghost town. I understand that the "mall" concept of shopping centers is slowly becoming a thing of the past and the "strip" mall concept is more economical and viable for businesses. I just took pictures of the once glorious Owings Mills Mall after one year of demolition. I wondered if our little Westminster Town Mall might not be far behind Owings Mills Mall:((

Honestly, I shop in the mall maybe once a month. This shopping trip I was on a mission to buy my Redken Shampoo at Hair Cuttery (they have the best prices and deals on redken products) and look for a bathing suit. It was a week night so the mall was virtually deserted and made for a quick trip through the stores and the center of the mall.

I find that by only visiting once a month there seems to be a decent amount of smaller stores opening and closing. I'm pretty confident in saying that over 50% of the retail space is vacant and there isn't any encouraging signs of "coming attractions" in the windows.

There is still a security officer that patrols the mall and the centrally located mall restrooms behind Chic Fil A. The restrooms are in total disrepair and in desperate need of upgrades and cleaning. The last few times I have used the ladies restroom the door is always propped open( which gives me the creeps). I like having 2 doors between me and the dark hallway where the bathrooms are located.

Boscov's and Dicks Sporting Goods are the two large anchor stores that still offer a decent selection of clothing. I stopped shopping in Belk because this location has stopped carrying some of the nicer brands of clothing that I like to buy. Sears is still there but is a very small store with little merchandise that appeals to me.

The food court has its fair share of transient vendors as well but some have stood the test of time. Subway, Villa Pizza, Chic Fil A, Auntie Anns, Asian Bistro and The Treat Shop. I am not sure how they are able to make a living given the diminishing traffic and shoppers. I do try to purchase some sort of food item while I am there to help my local economy:)

The last visit there (in July), I saw that Verizon Wireless and Golds Gym had closed and moved to a new location. Verizon was one of the busiest stores in the mall (take it from someone who had to stand in line and wait for hours there). It solidifies my fears that the mall is truly a sinking ship and major stores are abandoning ship while they are able.

I hope I am wrong and a new management company can come in and revitalize our only real shopping mall for this area. In the interim, I will shop there when I can to help support the few business left riding out the storm!

Date of experience: July 2017
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

Does not deserve to be called a Mall. Pretty much empty with very few stores. Very outdated .Movie theatre is disgusting. Don't waste your time.

Date of experience: August 2017