“Great food and specialty pizzas”

Il Basilico Trattoria Italiana
Ranked #9 of 42 Restaurants in Timonium
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Authentic Italian
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Wonderful pasta dishes and wide selection of specialty pizzas. Casual dining; no servers. Delicious food for a good price.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

My friend and I have been here a number of times for lunch. When we have been here, it has never been crowded. Their is plenty of seating and free parking. The food today came out hot, tasty and pretty quick. The server was friendly and checked to see how we were doing a few times. I did see a number of people get carryout while we were eating. Lunch for both of us was not quite 20 bucks, which is really pretty cheap. No complaints about my visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2017 via mobile

Great pizza & salads and very good sandwiches. I work in the area and they have excellent lunch specials also. BYOB is also a plus. Not a fine dining restaurant IMHO, but I've always enjoyed my visits. The servers are all friendly & helpful.

Reviewed 17 March 2017 via mobile

Our most recent visit here this weekend was the worst experience we have had at Il Basilico. But the food was still very good. I really want to rate this a 3.5 but that's not all we'd, so I'm rounding up. I have rated Il Basilico 4 in the past, and it deserved this 4 rating more on previous visits.

There are some recent less than stellar reviews for here on TripAdvisor, but a good portion of those reviews also focus on service. Il Basilico's food is very good but it's possible they should do a better job managing their front of the house.

We are my wife, our 8 year old son and 5 year old daughter. The restaurant was admittedly pretty full on our last visit, but the kitchen was still moving way too slowly. It took about 45 minutes for us to receive our pasta dishes. We live in south Towson, and we could have run into a grocery store, bought pasta, driven home and prepared it in less time.

They also ran out of bread, which was getting customers upset because it was taking so long to get food. After they baked some more bread but not enough for all tables, they made the faux pas of giving it to tables that had complained the loudest rather than giving it tables based on how long customers had been seated.

When meals finally came, our pasta was very good though. I do not feel the food quality has gone down.

One hint- Il Basilico has two tables near the front windows that are underneath indoor lights. We have sat at one of these tables previously, and they provide a much better experience than the rest of the restaurant, which is just sitting at boring nondescript tables in room without character. On our most recent visit our table for example was a booth by a busser station where my wife was seated eye level staring right at cleaning supplies.

1  Thank aedwardr
Reviewed 27 January 2017

We love the Feast of The Seven Fishes, which we have gotten here during restaurant week as well as at other times during the year. We look on line at the menu and it IS listed as one of their 2017 Restaurant Week selection for the entire length of the event. Since we live an appreciable distance away and traffic is VERY congested in that area at dinner time, JUST TO DOUBLE CHECK, we CALL the morning of January 26th and the female on the phone confirms that the Feast of The Seven Fishes is indeed available today as a 2017 Restaurant Week item. So at dinner time we drive 45 minutes from our home near the Mason-Dixon Line to enjoy our meal. Upon arriving and being seated, we see that the Feast of The Seven Fishes is NOT listed on the 2017 Restaurant Week printed menus given to us! The waiter checks, comes back to the table and says it is NOT available. I ask to see the manager. The manager informs me they had decided not to serve it THIS YEAR for the 2017 Restaurant week!!! I inquire why it has been on their website menu as being served staring January 20th and continuing for the entire event.He feigns not being able to find it on his phone but does locate it when I start to pick up my phone, Then he leaves the table pretending to investigate who told us that morning that it was indeed being served that night. 15 minutes later he has not returned to the table, and most in the kitchen can be seen alternating palms up gestures like they're testing to see if it's raining, as in "what are we supposed to do"? Seeing that the manager was simply going to hide in the kitchen until I left, that's exactly what I did. I am certain given the popularity of this dish and this being Day 6 from when this it was shown on the internet to start being offered ON JANUARY 20TH, that I was by FAR not the first customer to request it. So from the act of LEAVING IT POSTED ON THE INTERNET as available, to confirming availability by telephone to their duck and run behavior after being questioned about it, one can only do the math and determine this to be totally deliberate! Apparently deceiving customers, avoiding responsibilty for such, and attempting repariation when caught are all non-issues to this establishment.OBVIOUSLY, WE WILL NOT BE BACK!!!

1  Thank RobertM662