“What a Pleasant Surprise”
Review of First Watch

First Watch
Ranked #6 of 43 Restaurants in Timonium
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 10
Cuisines: American, Diner, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: First Watch specializes in delicious creations freshly-prepared to order. First Watch begins each morning at the crack of dawn, slicing fresh fruits and vegetables, baking muffins and making French toast batter from scratch. Their fresh, award-winning Breakfast, Brunch and Lunch dishes are made using only the best ingredients without the use of heat lamps or deep fryers.
Reviewed 30 July 2017

This restaurant is top notch as far as fresh food and fresh coffee.
We were here about 11am on a Sunday morning and had a 5-10 min wait, which flew by with free mini-cups of fresh coffee. It was so good, plus gave us a chance to go over the menu.
Once seated, the server came over and took our drink order, since we enjoyed the sample coffee we ordered a bottomless carafe of it, it was super fresh and piping hot.
One thing I enjoy doing is looking around to see what others have ordered and are enjoying. One of the hot ticket items was the Floridian French Toast with loads of fresh fruit. The presentation was picture perfect & the taste was excellent with just the right amount of cinnamon in the batter. We also ordered a side of crispy bacon, it was a little too well done, but that was not an issue, just an observation.
I ordered the "2 for you" lunch special of 1/2 sandwich with a 1/2 salad. I chose the Roast Beef and Havarti- horseradish sauce on the side & the Superfood Kale salad. I was positive this was not going to fill me up, but boy, I was sure wrong. We left very full and satisfied.
The staff was knowledgeable and friendly through all the hustle, always with a smile and checking back to see if everything was ok.
At the end and a 2nd carafe of coffee, the server asked if we wanted "to go " cups, we did not refuse.
Yes this place is a little pricey, but for the quantity and quality, it is well worth it.
We will be back!

Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2017

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your Floridian French Toast and that you had a wonderful experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

There are several dishes that are my favorites. The quinoa bowls have been improved and now I love them. They have great salads which you can pair with a half sandwich. Greens come with most meals but you can substitute. Love that I can get a healthy meal and know it is good. Only negative is that it gets very noisy between noon and 1:00.

1  Thank suebunny31
Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2017

Thanks for the great review! Were happy to hear that you enjoy a variety of items from our menu and that you love the healthy options we have to offer. We can't wait to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 June 2017 via mobile

The menu is a very creative one and the food on it proved to be very nice. All food around us looked really good actually. Very friendly service too. I'll be back for the waffles which looked real nice but which I could manage no more, so unfortunately.

1  Thank Trudy-from-Holland
Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2017

Thanks for the great review! We're happy to hear that you enjoy the creative dishes we offer on our menu and that you experienced friendly service during your visit as well. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My experience today at the Timonium location was a complete disaster. once my Husband and I got seated we waited 15 minutes for our server who then decided to tell the hostess she was too busy to wait on our table. The hostess then moved us to another table where we waited another 15 minutes before someone came over an placed dirty glasses and coffee cups on the table. i finally asked for the manager to tell him what was happening. he comes over laughs as if what i told him was funny and just said "sorry". Poor excuse for a manager- poor service and dirty restaurant. We will never visit again my money spends everywhere!

Disgusted,

Tracy Cooper

Sent from my iPhone

Cassi C, Guest Relations Manager at First Watch, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2017

Thank you for your recent visit and for this feedback, Tracy Henry. We're very sorry that you received poor service and did not enjoy your visit with us. We take our service and food very seriously and it is upsetting to know this is how your visit went. Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns - we will address them immediately. We do hope you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 4 March 2017 via mobile

I wrote an earlier negative review as I was disappointed in the service and food after having been a regular so I stopped going for awhile. I have returned two times since writing that review and can say the last 2 experiences were great which explains the high rating ... and I am back to patronizing my favorite breakfast establishment!

2  Thank Debbies60th

Been to First Watch? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK