“Exceeding Expectations”
Tennis Court With Basketball Hoop Too
Club House From The Lake
Docks
Deck And Steps
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

prollins2...
Catonsville, Maryland
“Exceeding Expectations”
Reviewed 8 January 2016 for a stay in December 2015

The name Exceeding Expectations for this beautiful home is definitely a name that fits the home! The reason I say home because it is more then a house, you feel so comfortable as soon as you walk thru the door! We stayed from a Friday until Monday for my birthday weekend with friends and family. My son and husband cooked steak and potatoes on the charcoal grill, which worked wonderful! To have an indoor pool and to be able to go swimming in December was great and the hot tub water was a perfect temp! The home was ready for us, the home was very clean. We try to book this home again for Easter weekend, but they r booked. My husband and good friend's birthday is this weekend and everybody that went on my birthday weekend wanted to come back to the same place but they r booked, so we r looking forward to staying at another home owned by the same owners of this home! My family and friends completely recommend this beautiful home called Exceeding Expectations and r looking forward to many more stays. Thank you for exceeding our expectations!

Sommer G
“Great Weekend Getaway!”
Reviewed 3 January 2016 for a stay in November 2015

My friends and I picked this house based on the size and amenities. There were 6 couples total, all with small children under the age of 6. The indoor pool was awesome - the kids loved it and were swimming much of the time we were there (which was perfect for a cool November weekend). There is a fire pit that we all enjoyed for an evening of fun and s'mores! The 6 master suites were perfect and fit all 6 families very comfortably - it was great for each family to have their own bathroom. The location of the house was also great, as it is close to the Arrowhead market, Honi Honi, and Deep Creek State Park.
Laurie was an absolute delight to work with - she is very sweet and extremely helpful. I would rent this house again just to deal with her!
Overall, it was a wonderful weekend and a great gathering place for old friends to meet and spend time together!

Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Tiff C
Pasadena, Maryland
“Did not meet expectations, unsafe, security risk”
Reviewed 3 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

I thought it was a little weird that there have been no reviews for the home for about four months. It makes me think people pick and choose what to put on the website. First I thought the price of the home was ridiculous. The only view you get are trees. The decks are old and appear to be falling apart. The dishwashers don't latch close and when you do finally get them closed don't expect them to wash dishes because they don't. Washing dishes for a party of fifteen isn't fun and very time consuming to say the least. The home is full of spider webs. You can tell when you walk in the house cleaning is "lets hurry up and get this done" because there were still crumbs under the table and other people's belongings under the beds. The pillows were so disgusting. I took off a pillow case and it was yellow, full of spit and blood spots. I recommend bringing your own pillow and blankets because who knows how long its been since the bedspreads were washed because they stink. The word gross isn't strong enough. Don't expect privacy either. A pool person comes everyday in a different car. You have no pictures of the people that are coming and they have no credentials, they could be just a person scoping out your belongings waiting till you leave so they can rob you. I mean honestly I never felt safe leaving our things there. One morning we were eating breakfast and no knock at the door just a random woman entered and proceeded down the stairs. No one services a pool each and everyday. One of the days a random person in a green car appeared outside and began taking pictures while we swam in the pool. Creepy. If you are spending more than six thousand dollars you should at least feel safe and you don't. The downstairs of the home smells of mold so bad my niece, who is allergic to mold, was sick the entire vacation. If you expect management to compensate you in any way don't because they don't care. My brother also found a black widow spider in the house. It would've been nice to at lease have been warned of their presence in the area. I have three young children and if they would've gotten that venom in their bodies, I hate to think of what the result could've been. In conclusion, if you don't mind staying in a home full of mold, unsafe conditions, and insects that could potentially harm you, stay here.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked least: mold, spiders, spider webs, gross bedding, security
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
VA
Reviewed 12 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
Jeff G
Takoma Park, Maryland
“Beautiful, comfortable home in very convenient location.”
Reviewed 25 December 2013 for a stay in December 2013

Our group of 6 adults and 4 young kids really enjoyed the spacious, modern and bright house. All amenities were in good working condition. Super to use big indoor pool, fun to play free video games on arcade machine programmed with 50 or so games from the 80s, 90s. We all enjoyed foozball and billiards tables.

Group drove to Wisp Mountain and Deep Creek Lake State Park, as well as Swallow Falls State Park, for beautiful hiking, winter activities and nature center. So much to do any season within 10-15 min drive.

Rental management company and owners were extremely helpful and responsive, and positive, with planning the rental as well as a couple of small questions once we arrived!

Excellent value and house is high quality vacation, exactly as advertised.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Large Group
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing