“Great place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in cold, no idea what to expect. Service was excellent, and food was great. We had chicken, ribs and ribs between us and all were delicious. I would rate the ribs as best, but everything was good. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (145)

Reviewed 27 July 2021 via mobile

Fantastic, just right. We ordered the loaded crabby fries. They were just the right amount of seasoning to be delicious but not overbearing, and the crab dip on it was delicious. We had a variety of platters including ribs, shrimp, haddock, etc. Everything was really good. The potato salad was really yummy and perfectly seasoned. The coleslaw and hush puppies were also great. We had a wonderful experience.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 2 July 2021

We ordered takeout ribs, shrimp and pulled pork. The food was good, not great. Their original sauce was really good, but everything else was just OK. The ribs were a bit dry without the sauce and not very meaty. Ribs were also not very fatty. I was shorted on the amount of ribs I was supposed to get (3 not 4), which could not be addressed because we had taken our food off-site. They accidentally threw in a mac & cheese side we did not order, but it was just so so. We really liked them. The steamed shrimp were good, but nothing special. The pork BBQ sandwich came with a very low quality bun. The cole slaw was similarly, just OK. The star of the meal was the hush puppies. For the price we paid, it was not a great value.

We were there on a week night that had a fair amount of traffic, but not super packed. I waited in the lobby to be told after 5 minutes that takeout orders were to be picked up at the bar. There was a number of orders sitting on a table next to the bar when I arrived. I had to wait there another 5 minutes to get help and pay. Not the best procedure for someone trying to minimize indoor contact. This seems to be poor attention to customer service (both the wait time in a lobby and procedure for pick up.)

If we lived in the area, I might try it again, but since we are vacationing, here probably not happening.

Date of visit: July 2021
Reviewed 23 May 2021

This restaurant was a great place to eat. The ribs were awesome. The service was great. My husband would like to recommend the bread pudding

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 12 April 2021 via mobile

Went in with my family for brunch. Food was good but the service was horrible. Had an empty glass sitting in front of me for at least 25 mins while 5 employees walked bye and I asked for a refill 2 twice, then took them about 20 minutes to bring the check when we were done.

Date of visit: April 2021