1,253 results
All reviews double tree cookies valet parking metro station two blocks movie theater dc silver fillmore md concert
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start off by saying, I stay at Hilton’s for travel and this is the only Hilton I’ve stayed at where I’ve had this type of experience.

First of all, cockroaches! The overall cleanliness of the hotel was subpar. I first noticed one in the entry way - in daylight. It was near the parking garage so I thought maybe it was a one off from outside until I found one in my bathroom the next morning.

I had breakfast in the lobby (before I noticed the coach roaches) and assumed it was seat yourself as I waited at the host stand while several employees walked past me. When I finally was able to grab someone’s attention, I asked, “is it seat yourself?” She responded, “you already sat down.”

I also asked the front desk for 2 waters (after check in) and was told that they only give waters upon check in. I could be wrong, but as a Hilton honors member, I’ve never been told waters are only provided upon check in.

Very disappointed in this Double Tree by Hilton.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Denise-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Megan M,

First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including items of opportunity. The comfort and safety of our guests' are responsibilities that we take very seriously. We apologize for the issues that you encountered, which we have addressed with our team. For future reference, one of the many Hilton Honors membership benefits for Silver status and above, at Doubletree, is two complimentary bottles of water per stay. We do hope the next time you return to the area you consider staying with us again. Safe travels.

Reviewed 12 October 2018

We had a fantastic weekend in Silver Spring! The restaurants are all within walking distance as well as shopping and clubs, theatres. We visited the DC area for a sports tournament and enjoyed our evenings walking to the various restauraunts. In the morning there is complimentary coffee at the DoubleTree as well as a very nice restauraunt. Valet parking is available for a fee. On the weekend parking garages are open with no cost. The rooms are comfortable and clean. Staff is friendly and met every need.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 September 2018

The location is great, you have food and shopping near by (thats my favorite). The hotel needs a little beautification but the staff are friendly and do their best to take care of you. They also have very good deals throughout the year!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed 24 September 2018

My family and friends stayed here for a weekend to support our high school football team. The first room had dameged and missing furniture. The AC didn't work either. We went to the front desk to change rooms and was told a tech would come to the room. This hotel needs a complete makeover. The lobby will have you fooled though. A dump!

Room Tip: See your room before taking your luggage upstairs.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wally M
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Washington DC - Silver Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

Dear Wally M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your room. We will address your comments with our team as we work to improve our guest experience. Your input is genuinely helpful, as it is the first step in identifying areas where we can better our guest services. We hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

I attended a year celebration event with my wife and needed to find a hotel in the last minute. The doubletree provided with the right location walking distance from the event. The reception and the entire stayng in the hotel as extremly pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple