“FIRST TIME”

Pho Tan Vinh
Ranked #30 of 422 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 6 April 2018

First time I ever went here or had this type of food and it was a very pleasant experience. Food was good and price was fair. Would definitely go again.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Good banh mi, spring rolls, decent pho--good choice for Silver Spring lunch. Service was quick and polite.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Ordered one of their deconstructed Banh mi sandwiches. While I do like scooping out my own bread, I thought the steak was very poor quality. The sandwich overall left me very unimpressed. Sometime I may go back and try the pho.

Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

Not salty plenty of broth noodles and meat.reasonable price good service. We had spring rolls which were great enough said

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Is it just me or, when you eat at a Vietnamese restaurant, do you find the brisket is ... old? Tough? Overcooked?

Well, that's not a problem as Pho Tan Vinh! Now, I know I could go on and on about the broth (very good, but not as "beefy" as it could be), and the noodles (excellent. Didn't fall apart in broth), but I'm going to wax lyrical about the well-done brisket, the most ubiquitous item in a bowl of Pho and, usually, the most disappointing.

The brisket at Pho Tan Vinh is tender and succulent. It tasted ... I don't know. It's simply perfect. It's beefy, it falls apart in the mouth, and it barely requires chewing. It takes the usual bowl of pho to the next level.

Now, the only other item I've tried on the menu is their spring rolls and, again, they are excellent. I can tell they roll them fresh: The wrapper isn't dried out and the vermicelli is tender. Now that I've had a really good one, I'm amazed at how easy it must be to get those elements right because they also deliver those rolls to the table in less than five (5) minutes.

All in all, I highly recommend Pho Tan Vinh for your Vietnamese Pho pleasure. You won't regret it.