“Good hang out place”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 November 2018 via mobile

It is very conveniently located in downtown Silver Spring at the Ellsworth Mall on the pedestrian street side. Plenty of dinning area, friendly and helpful bartenders, good and reasonable food. Definitely a good place to hangout before and after shopping.

Date of visit: November 2018

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Went there late one evening after shopping on a Sunday. Four of us ordered four different entrees and each of them were delicious. No complaints. Service was okay waiter was a bit arrogant but he was calmed down by the group.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018

My first day in the DC area. I am here three weeks to look after a lovely Coonhound. I have a couple of beers on the terrace with the dog. Then I realise I don't have my wallet. No problem ............ I have my phone so I have ApplePay. In the UK we use ApplePay for EVERYTHING. Not here though! The waiter trusted me to leave; walk back to my temporary residence and return with my wallet. He didn't have to. In the UK in an unfamiliar town in a similar situation it probably wouldn't have worked out like that. He made a good call and as a result has my business for three weeks. Good beer as well BTW!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 10 August 2018

Both the bar and food menus are varied, with plenty of choices 'on tap'. There were 4 of us on a Saturday night, and service was good. While largely traditional fare, they do add a few special 'twists' to old favorites, like peppercorn amaretto au jus for the steak. The standout meal at our table was the seafood stew was brimming with mussels and reportedly quite tasty. There are lots of comfort food items on the menu, including Shepard's pie, Grown Up Mac & Cheese, Guinness Beef Stew and Lamb Stew but those will have to wait for cooler weather and a return visit.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We sat outside for dinner and it was a really nice experience. Good menu, Cobb salad was unusual but excellent, fresh and nicely presented. The quinoa salad was delicious too

Good service and reasonable prices.

Date of visit: July 2018