“Super-friendly, nice outdoor seating”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 449 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cu
Reviewed 8 July 2018

I don't think I've ever had a nicer waitress than the one I had at NYAJ on my first visit for a recent dinner and I look forward to being back soon. The menu is indeed "not average," everything with a bit of extra flair, and I really enjoyed the outdoor seating. I appreciate the manager stopping by to make sure everything was fine as well. It was an unexpected delight on an evening I found myself alone for dinner and I look forward to returning soon.

Date of visit: June 2018
Jimmie B, Guest Relations Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Hello - I am so pleased that you enjoyed your visit and had such excellent service.
We will definitely be looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 3 July 2018

My wife and I wanted a restaurant within walking distance from the Hampton Inn -- and this place is a block or two away from not only our hotel, but also from the Sheraton and Doubletree. It was surprisingly good, with my only complaint the fact that the glasses of Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc were not as cold as I would have preferred. The side salads: Goodhouse and Caesar (both $6.99) were excellent. My wife's Mustard-coated Chicken ($16.99) was perfect, as was my Grilled Scallops with two sides ($25.99) -- I chose coleslaw (a bit too creamy) and Brussels Sprouts. A great finish to the meal was my double straight up of Dewars 12 ($20). This place becomes my go-to restaurant when visiting Silver Spring.

Date of visit: July 2018

Hello-

I am so glad that you and your wife found us and enjoyed everything. I will pass along your comments about the wine to the bar staff and I assure you that it will be perfectly chilled when you return.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t know what I expected after stumbling across NYAJ s inMD, after being very closely acquainted with the “original “ North Dartmouth “ location.

The Silver Spring location seemed less intimate but very abuzz with couples, families and groups of friends.

Ordered a specialty lemonade with mango that was just ok. But the complimentary freshly baked bread with dish of olive oil and cheese dipping is exactly what I remember from the “home “ location—-deliciously addictive.

I ordered the quesadilla with mango salsa, so good but wish more salsa came with it. I would return and try an entree next, just lots to choose from...

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 20 May 2018

Reasonably priced and tasty food & drinks, but so-so service.Good location, convenient to office, hotels and metro.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 4 May 2018

I really like Joe's because the happy hour food is discounted, but still really good. The pineapple painkiller is really tasty and unique. They also bring you free bread and oil for dipping! It's a must and always keeps me there longer than I should be!

Date of visit: April 2018
Jimmie B, Guest Relations Manager at Not Your Average Joe's, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2018

Hi Mary Rose,
Glad to hear that you enjoy coming in to see us. I agree that happy Hour is a great deal! Come on back and see us again real soon.
Best,