“Good food”

Not Your Average Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Not Your Average Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #36 of 415 Restaurants in Silver Spring
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 40
Description: What does creative casual cuisine mean? Exactly what it says. We"re creative, because we reject the same-old-same-old in favor of tastes that are interesting and unique. We're casual because while our food may be worth getting dressed up for, we invite you to come as you are. We're all about cuisine in the sense that our chefs apply high standards of culinary art. There it is. Creative. Casual. Cu
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time here. Food is a bit pricy, but tasted good and was a large quantity. A bit noisy but that is to be expected.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were 8 good friends and former neighbors gathered for dinner ahead of a play at the Forum Theater (next to AFI). Our waitress did a great job of keeping all our orders straight and following up with the kitchen to ensure that things came at the same time. Our dishes, a mix of soups, salads and entrees, all were tasty. The numerous tv monitors above the bar were all tuned to the Red Sox's season opener and were a distraction to those of our party facing that direction. Both the music and noise level were a bit louder than I like, but we managed t make ourselves heard because we fortunately had a table off the beaten path near the front if the restaurant. If you're at a table in the middle of the restaurant, you're out of luck.

Reviewed 20 March 2018

This is THE Number One restaurant in downtown Silver Spring for quality of food and service, in my honest opinion. That's not to say Not Your Average Joe's is perfect, but you can have a quality dining experience for modest prices. The Happy Hour is top-notch, too!

Look, I was hesitant to go inside. I mean, a shopping mall restaurant? A chain? At least I had to see the menu, so I walked in. In the end, I was open-minded, since some of the best meals I have ever had came from restaurants in or adjacent to a shopping mall. No regrets here!

I was soon seated in a comfy booth in view of the kitchen and the hallway to the toilets. Not the best seat, but A seat, and I didn't find the traffic particularly distracting. I was focused on the menu. The duck breast attracted me, and I ordered that and a salad to start. The waiter returned soon after asking if I really wanted the duck breast medium rare, as the chef wanted to confirm. It arrived perfectly done per my request with prosciutto and parmesan cheese served atop a creamy, rich polenta. Colors, textures, and flavor were like fireworks. The lighting was modern. The music jazzy. I enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. I was truly happy.

I returned twice more, once for the happy hour drinks and snacks, including a marvelous pizza (ROASTED TOMATO BASIL). Try the chicken wings, which seemed very popular. The 10 TVs at the bar keep everyone well informed with Sunday games. The bar service is snappy but not over-attentive. You can actually have a conversation without interruption r screaming. The bar seems to have a good set of regulars. Watch their selections of nibbles and brew.

My final visit for an evening meal was seated in a booth in the bar area for the best of both worlds. Cocktails and grilled meatloaf made with beef, pork, smoked mozzarella, veggies and herbs, with a tangy bbq gravy, mashed potatoes and herb-roasted carrots ($16.99) made for a nearly perfect evening. Chocolate, cream-stuffed pastries and an espresso capped the evening.

Reviewed 18 February 2018

Nice bar area. I had the Salmon. I felt the food came out too fast. I was not even finished my soup. The soup I had was NE clam chowder. I had better but it was decent. The salmon was fine. Not much to it. The potatoes & Brussel sprouts should have been served hotter. (room temp was disappointing)
Service was pleasant &itmwas a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 20 December 2017 via mobile

I love the huge salads here. Good selection and interesting menu. House made sauces and recipies. Love the bread with olive oil delivered to diners. Fun and festive atmosphere.