“Charming Pastry Shop”
Review of Patisserie Manuel

Patisserie Manuel
Ranked #4 of 12 Bakeries in Silver Spring
Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

I was looking for a place to pick up some sweets for a gift and some kind of birthday dessert. I wasn't disappointed. The shop is well maintained and the staff are incredibly friendly and patient. I purchased an assortment of macarons as a gift, an assortment of small tarts for another gift and an assortment of cakes for a birthday dessert. They were beautiful and well packaged for presentation. I watched orders of quiches, and breakfast sandwiches come out from the kitchen and pastries and coffees being ordered by others in line. The quiches were served accompanied by small salads. Everything looked amazing. I will definitely go back.

Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

If you have never had the pleasure of having French baked goods and pastries. This is your opportunity, for you will taste pastries that compete, and in cases surpass, the Claudia, any French pastry. The quality of the ingredients, presentation and service, are outstanding! Claudia, the owners, has given us a gift! Thank you! Now, I can have a taste of Parisian heaven, whenever I want!

Reviewed 28 November 2016

The service is very friendly and the pastries are not only beautiful to look at but delicious.
I have not had Brioche in a while and I thought there should have been more cranberries and nuts, but it was sooo good.

1  Thank Eileen B
Reviewed 1 October 2016

Found this place almost by accident. Small, out of the way location. Looked good through the window, so went in for some pastry and stayed to have coffee with our selection. Only a few small tables. I had a lemon cake that was firm, not airy, and full o flavor and dark, rich coffee (black, no sugar). My wife and daughter split another cake and really loved it. There were butter croissants in the case and they looked so good that we had to take two for breakfast the next day. 3 min in a toaster oven set on oven and they were flaky, flavorful and perfect with my morning coffee. Just like we used to really enjoy in Paris on the occasions we were there. All in all, we will be back to try the breads and, of course, more croissants. A surprisingly and unexpectedly treat. Only thing that prevented 5 stars was the limit of our experience.

1  Thank Doc_ABC
Reviewed 28 August 2016

Sesame semolina bread is very good and lasts for several days. The croissants are some of the best in the area. Try the almond croissant and the chocolate-almond-pear croissant – yum! The serve Lilly coffee, which is very good and reminds me of the coffee in Europe. Staff are nice, but a little slow.

1  Thank lisa c