“Disappointed and I haven't stayed there yet”

Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
atlanta, Ga
“Disappointed and I haven't stayed there yet”
Reviewed 9 January 2012

We booked 3 nights at the Inn, this Fri, Sat & Sun. TripAdvisor had a link to this hotel offering a special Winter Indulgence $225 rate which is lower than we have and it has "goodies" attached.
The special rate was available Fri & Sun, but not Sat. I called to see if we could have that rate for Fri & Sun if we checked in and out every day. I have done this at Marriott. The gal said no because we have to have Winter Indulgence all days of the stay. I advised that was not in the rate rules and that I was disappointed since I have 2 spa appointments booked, we planned to dinner at the hotel, and the rate does not state this. She offered to check with the Front Desk. She came back and said the front desk Manager said no. I asked why and was told they could not guarantee the same room every day, which is ridiculous since we were already booked for 3 days in 1 room.
After all the nice things have read, I am very disappointed in this treatment, and I haven't even gotten to the hotel yet. Kind of puts a pallor over my visit with such poor service: an advertised rate with rules not also advertised.
I will provide an update after my visit.

Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dianeandlarry
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed one night in late December as a mid-holiday getaway from DC and were treated to fantastic blue skies and temperatures in the mid 40s-mid 50s. We had the Winter Indulgence package, and we did our best to get our money's worth. Our room in the main building had a king bed with calming water views, and a great bathroom with really pretty lovely toiletries. I never take baths, but this place sort of demanded it. There's a complimentary afternoon tea with cookies and a nightly turn-down service with more cookies. Dinner at the pub was very good (service was attentive though maddeningly slow for some reason -- I felt bad for our server) as was breakfast at Sherwood's Landing, where we got the best table in the house (middle window facing the water). Small but very well-equipped gym with garden views. People have commented on the TVs, and yes, they are old, but the inn maintains an awesome collection of old VHS tapes that you can pop in for a movie night. I'm sure all the TVs will be replaced in time, but we actually sort of enjoyed the throwback spirit -- after all, the inn and town themselves are throwbacks from even earlier eras. Speaking of which, the town is a real pleasure to stroll about, an easy walk (if you can even call it that) from the inn. Check out the Frederick Douglass historical marker (it was off-season, so we missed the famous walking tour), Sweetie Bakery for delicious cupcakes and profiteroles, and Fine Old Posters for fun vintage prints -- all on the main drag of Talbot Street.

Room Tip: Second floor is more private. Request a water view! And beware of the rooms with patios. They're...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorldOfBooksGoneFlat
Reviewed 5 January 2012

What a wonderful get away! I spent the day at the Linden Spa and I must say it was the best massage I have ever received and I get massages at least 4-5 a year. So relaxing to overlook the plush gardens in the tranquility room while sipping warm tea. From there I laid by the infinity pool in the rain. That's right it was drizzling, but it was so beautiful I couldn't resist. Our room was a deluxe suite and was AMAZING! Very quiet and comfortable. We had a balcony and shared a nice bottle of wine after dinner overlooking the beautiful landscape. Had a great dinner in the pub.

Even being from Maryland we did the tourist thing and went on a sail of the river, which was great. We learned a lot about St.Michael's that we probably would have never known. Had lunch at the Crab Claw which I think is entirely over-rated, but good to know for the next trip. FYI you have to pay cash at the Crab Claw- no debit or credit!

We loved our night away and even got a gift card from a family member because we talked so highly about it. Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed June 2011
Annapolis
Reviewed 5 January 2012

We have returned several times to this classy place on Maryland's Eastern Shore. This time we took advantage of their Winter Indulgence package which made the cost almost reasonable. Great food, great pub, exceptional staff.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JJinANP
D.C.
Reviewed 3 January 2012

The Inn at Perry Cabin is just a couple hours away, but it makes you feel like you are so far away from the city. It is definitely much better to stay at this property in the spring or summer, or even fall because there are lots of activities you can enjoy.

We took advantage of the winter indulge package - which included breakfast for two, $50 resort credit, and an upgrade. It was a great value. It was really cold outside, so we went to the steam room in the Linden Spa after a morning walk around the harbor/dock. It was a great opportunity to experience The Inn at Perry Cabin as first time visitors.

My mom, my sister, and I went there for a girls getaway trip, and we enjoyed our stay despite the cold and windy weather. We had a spacious room with a great view and a direct access to the water front. Very friendly staff accommodated us and made out get-away comfortable and enjoyable.

In terms of dining experience, the pub was..so.so... it was nice area..but service and the food..were meh. The breakfast at the Sherwood Landing (I think that's the name of the main dinning room), on the other hand, was excellent. We enjoyed delicious, creative, and well executed dishes. We had the eggs benedict with crabmeat and shrimp and grits .. all very delicious. Service was much better at the Sherwood Landing as well.

If you live in DC metropolitan area, this is an awesome quick weekend getaway spot! Wonderful place for romantic getaway and for family as well. I highly recommend it, and I can't wait to go back when the weather gets better.

Note: St. Michaels area... is kind of dead in the winter.... so, stay at the property, eat at the property, and relax at the property.. Not much going on in town.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1.0 km away
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
Bay Cottage Bed & Breakfast
#8 of 13 in St. Michaels

Been to Inn at Perry Cabin by Belmond? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK