“Winter Birthday Romance Retreat”

St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in St. Michaels
GreenLeadersBronze level
Annapolis, Maryland
“Winter Birthday Romance Retreat”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My husband surprised me with an overnight getaway for my birthday. When we first arrived the first thing we saw was the sign about the renovations and the exterior of the building being raw. Granted, it's the end of February and the ideal time to do renovations since it's off-peak but he hadn't been informed of it- and unfortunately I couldn't take all the pictures I wanted to as photography is a hobby and I like to document our trips. We stayed in the Admiral Suite which had an in-suite jacuzzi and king bed. The accomodations were very spacious, clean and comfortable with a living room area seperate from the bedrooom. The jacuzzi tub was right when you walked into the room in the corner of the "living room" area...although you had a clear view of the water out of the the windows opposite the room, I felt it was a bit of an awkward layout. Overall, he had arranged for the tub to be prepared while we were at dinner so that when we returned it was filled, complete with bubbles, rose petals, candles and tub side champagne...a very nice treat (although at checkout I overheard that it was an additional $75 for the service!). We opted to eat at Sherwood's Landing at the Inn at Perry Cabin (about a 5 minute drive) which was one of the best culinary treats of my life so aside from our mini experience at the Tavern (it was closed when we arrived mid-afternoon on a Sunday but they made an exception and served us a drink as we couldn't check-in yet and needed to kill time until our spa services) I can't comment on the food. My husband had booked a couple's massage for us at the spa which was one of the best massages we've both had. Tim and Carrie were incredible massage therapists, although I didn't care for the spa furnishings nor decor (I work in the industry so I tend to be a little critical). I definitely enjoyed myself, as did my husband, but I felt it was overpriced for what it was.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Lutherville Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed 27 February 2012

We stayed here in room 212 on 2/25/12. The hotel is definitely outdated, and the rooms need serious remodeling. We did not have hot water for any of the showers we took. The jacuzzi and sinks however, did have plenty of hot water. The room was dusty, but the bed was very comfortable. The hotel is undergoing renovations on the outside of the building. We were standing out on the balcony and observed that a large piece of the gutter spout had fallen off the building. Moments later, a very large piece of siding flew off the building and landed next to the gutter spout on the dock below. Serious safety hazard!!! Employees are extremely friendly - especially Jennifer at the front desk. They give you 2 very small bottles of water when you check in (thanks!) and then charge you $4 for each additional bottle of water (ridiculous). I did not see any vending machines, so if you don't come prepared with your own drinks, you're pretty much stuck paying $4 for a bottle of water. The bathrobes in the room (which they threaten to charge you $85 for if you steal them) are horrible - very stiff and not the least bit soft or comfortable. Who would steal them?? Jacuzzi was very nice, however there is no TV with the jacuzzi as one of the website picture shows. We ate at Harbour Lights Restaurant on Saturday night. We had reservations for 8pm. We weren't seated until 8:20, even though there were only 5 other couples eating at that time. Our waiter was super friendly, but left us sitting at our table until 9pm when he finally brought over the bread we had asked him twice for at that point. At 9:20, he came over and told us the chef "had just received our order" and that our food would be out shortly (we placed our order around 8:30). We finally received our food around 9:40. My fish was seriously overcooked and the lobster mac&cheese had NO flavor. My husband enjoyed his dish. The waiter did take $9 off our bill (wow...), but we felt that a lot more should have been taken off seeing as how we were basically ignored for 2 hours. We checked out early on Sunday and walked around the town. It really is a lovely place and we will definitely be back, but will perhaps stay elsewhere. I would never eat at Harbour Lights again, that's for sure!

2 Thank Julie M
New Jersey
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We took advantage of a winter special and spent the night here at this lovely hotel in St. Michaels. We had a waterfront room with a large balcony. One surprise though was the $20 resort fee added to the bill. But even with that addition the room was still a good deal. We had lunch and breakfast at the hotel which were excellent. I had an oyster po'boy, one of my favorites, which is usually hard to find. We would certainly come back here.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I was un happy with his place. The room was oaks far as it goes but it's way overpriced - they apply a resort fee not quoted up front in the price and this place is simply not a resort. Find somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank kellyenz
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 14 February 2012

My fiance' and I visited St Michaels for a Valentines winter weekend in St Michaels. We chose the St Michaels Inn becuase of the unbelievable rate they offered. They are currently doing some exterior construction on the building. If it wasn't for the fact that you could see the work from the outside you would never know there was anything going on. It was still quiet and relaxed. They even upgraded us to a suite on the top floor with a jacuzzi in suite.

The view was great of the harbor and the room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Plus, they are dog friendly which made the weekend even better. We like to travel with our shi tzu.

The Inn sits on the water overlooking all of St Michaels harbor. The bar is comfortable and the hostess was exceptional. The bar tender had the personality of a rock and could use some training on customer service. But, this was the only complaint I could say of the Inn.

Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Michaels
28.9 km away
Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
8.3 km away
Wades Point Inn on the Bay

Been to St. Michaels Harbour Inn Marina & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK