“Good God, WHAT HAPPENED???”
Review of Cuban Corner

Cuban Corner
Ranked #59 of 411 Restaurants in Rockville
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Washington, DC
“Good God, WHAT HAPPENED???”
Reviewed 14 June 2011

This place used to be buzzing and the food was great.

Tried it for the first time in ten years last night. We were the only customers the entire hour we were there. The chicken dish I ordered was $12 and tasted like something from the freezer section at Bloom. No taste either. Black beans were good.

Something/someone must have changed at this place, it went from great to lousy.

• Visited June 2011
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 10 May 2011

I hadn't visited Cuban Corner in a couple years but used to love it. I took some family members for lunch and was terribly disappointed. The prices were high for what we got. I thought the ropa vieja (shredded beef) and frijoles negros (black beans) were tasteless.... no garlic... no sofrito? Please get this old favorite back to what it was!

• Visited January 2011
Washington DC
“Very Tasty but Overpriced”
Reviewed 18 July 2009

We stopped here for lunch today. The sandwiches we got were very good. I did think the prices were a bit high

Miami, Florida
“From a real Cuban.”
Reviewed 7 June 2009

Ok. I will try to be as much neutral as possible. I went there for the first time the other day. I am Cuban, born and raised in Havana. The food was not bad, but a little bit overprice for not only a Cuban Restaurant, but for the location and ambiance. Sorry, but $15 for a piece of pork in a very small restaurant in Rockville, not good. The black beans had no flavor at all, like if they were straight from the can. If you never had Cuban food before, you may find this food probably good, but I can tell you this is not the typical Cuban Restaurant food. I was expecting more flavor, like in La Carreta, or any other Cuban Restaurant in Miami. I did not get that. We spent $56 for a Cuban sandwich and some pork lunch with two beers. Sorry, but that is way overpriced. I have to say the “Cheese and guava pastelito" was really good, but once again, $3.50 for that? Are you serious? Even at Fort Lauderdale airport you can get a pastelito for way cheaper.
I not saying this Restaurant it’s bad, but it could be better if they put a little bit more "Badia" in the food. The pork was not bad, but small portion.
This is a very small and casual restaurant with prices of a big well known restaurant. Sorry, but this is not South Beach.

I will probably give them another opportunity and go back for something different.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“i enjoyed this restaurant though it is quite pricy. small environment but good cuban food. fried yuca and bean soup...”
Reviewed 1 March 2009

fried yuca and bean soup were good. the fried pork (i think) and the arroz con pollo were quite decent as well.