“Ooh that smell”

Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick
The Villages, Florida
“Ooh that smell”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I love HIE's because of the new consistency of the rooms and facilities but!

At check in I was welcomed with a Priority Club member snack bag but reaching the room on the second floor, my key card would not work. It took three trips back to the desk to get one that would work. Upon entering my non smoking room the room, the smell of Pine Sol was strong so somebody must have smoked in the room previously.

Parking was awful, just one row of spaces out front. Other than that, the bed was very comfortable and bathroom clean but the enamel on the tub was scraped away.

All though disappointed, I'd give them another try my next time in the area.

• Stayed July 2012
beckhamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our hotel. Our housekeepers thoroughly clean the rooms prior to check in with approved cleaning products that are standard throughout our brand. Our hotel is a 100% non-smoking facility and as such we strive to maintain that standard by providing smoking areas outside the facility. When a guest checks into our hotel and they contact the front desk with a complaint about their room, the agent will make every effort to correct the problem or move the guest to another comparable room if available. We also have ample parking around the entire building including handicap spaces.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hagerstown, Maryland
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Only spent one night in this hotel but everything seemed to be very well kept and the staff were more than friendly. Although we had to leave before the free breakfast was officially servered we were permitted to take what ever was ready with us. If you are fishing out of or going to Cheasapeak Beach i would highly recommend this hotel. It was about a 20 minute drive from the dock.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room with a king bed. It was very rooms and the bed was excellent to sleep in.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sarah0263
lusby
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I can not thank the manager, Mr. Larry Riley, enough for his superior service on May 3, 2012. He made me feel comfortable and grateful. The level of professionalism and kindness was beyond I have ever experienced.
Thank you doesnt seem to be adequate but I thank you!!!
michele

Room Tip: check in M-Th 11 pm - 7 am with Mr. Riley :)
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Reviewed 22 February 2012

Your establishment is filled with most exceptional ammenities, including the pool most importantly. I enjoyed the ambiance while endulging the signature cinnamon buns and continental breakfast every morning before work. The staff was extremely polite and professional, and would do anything to help please their customers. The room is spacious, up to date, and most importantly, clean. The front desk customer service reps are polite and professional, to say the least. I have spoken with several front desk attendants during my stay. Most were pleasant, however I would usually come back from work late evning hours and I would see Laura at the front. See is a very dedicated person and takes the extra effort to help accomidate everyone she encounters, including me. She is, in my opinion, the best rep your have here. I will be returning soon for more work next month and I hope she will be my rep.

Room Tip: 1st floor, room 106. Across from bathrooms and fountain. 15 feet away from eating area, close to poo...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank David S
beckhamd, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear David S,
Thank you for your Trip Advisor comment regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn Express in Prince Frederick, Maryland. I am glad that you are pleased with our ammentities as well as our professional staff who are here to accommodate our guests and make them feel welcome. We look forward to your return visits.
Daniela Beckham
Bellevue, Washington
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My Husband and I recently stayed here with our 2 small grandchildren and it was the most relaxing few days we've had in quit some time. The room cleanliness and housekeeping service were superb. The lobby is very clean and the fireplace is a very welcoming touch. I admit having 2 small children we were a little loud and the kids were excited ,even spilled some juice! The front desk girl who checked us in (Laura) was very pleasant and informative. In the morning we were suprised to see such a nice continental breakfast with hot food. The pool was great also. At Check out Karen was very helpful explaining directions to our next destination. Overall it was clean, quiet, friendly, and not to mention a reasonable rate! I will definately stay here again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor , nice balcony view into lobby
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank silver n
Dear Silver N,
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay to the Holiday Inn Express in Prince Frederick, Maryland. I am glad that you, your husband and your two grandchildren enjoyed our hotel. My staff and I look forward to your return.
Daniela Beckham
Also consider these accommodations in or near Prince Frederick
17.9 km away
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
Chesapeake Beach Resort and Spa
#1 of 1 in Chesapeake Beach
0.3 km away
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederick
SpringHill Suites Prince Frederi...
#1 of 3 in Prince Frederick
23.3 km away
Hilton Garden Inn Solomons
24.4 km away
Holiday Inn Solomons Conference Center and Marina
26.5 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Lexington Park (Patuxent River Naval Air Station)
24.9 km away
Quality Inn Beacon Marina

Been to Holiday Inn Express Prince Frederick? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK