See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 September 2008

I went down to the front desk with a weeks worth of towels and "Antionette" came out with 2. "Could I have more than 2?" "No. You can get more when you get your room cleaned." I wish I was making that up. Next night some drunk guy was walking up and down the hall threatening someone. The doors are propped open with rocks. There's an old toothless guy that I believe is the Maintenance guy, but he wears the same dirty jeans and the same Harley T-shirt every day. He basically lives in the lobby watching TV from dawn to dusk.I stay all over the Country and this is in my top 5 worst places. I usually have bad experiences with Super 8s. You get what you pay for. These people probably make 7 bucks an hour so they tend to take it out on the guests. I have the option to go to the Holiday Inn, but I don't want to pack up all my stuff. I'll just never come back here. My co-worker told me they don't change his bedding when they "clean" his room. I'm afraid they're going to rob my stuff so I'm just going to switch to the other bed.Internet is dial-up speed. Like the other reviewers boyfriend, I too am working 13 hours a day at Chalk Point and don't want to have to beg for 2 towels every other day.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank budokaiboy
Reviewed 10 June 2008

I was in town for a concert at the St. Leonard Volunteer Fire Department and chose to stay at this hotel because it was within 10 miles of the venue. Michelle was at the front desk and was very helpful in giving me directions to the hotel when I found myself lost. I finally got there, it was hard to find because it is off the road and coming from the north you have to make a u turn to get to it. Check in was fast and easy. There is not an elevator though, at least that I saw. The hotel itself is not fancy, the lobby screams budget hotel but that is what it is. My room was clean, did not smell very fresh though. The window open about 3 inches and the screen was on the floor inside the room, leaning against the wall. I immediately took a shower and found that the tub did not drain very fast and I was standing in the water. Yuck. The towels were not soft and were very small in size. The room had a microwave and fridge. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet. The breakfast was good, fruit, bagels, cereal, and danish. Not sure I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2008

We were staying in the area while my boyfriend was working at one of the local area plants. It was a last minute decision to stay here after driving 8 hours and not really sure where else to go. Anyways, the room was clean for the most part, but the bathroom floor had long female (I assume) hairs all around the edges and bits of toilet paper on the floor behind the toilet so evidently they hadn't cleaned the floors anytime soon. Kinda gross. Pretty much everything else was fine in our opinion. They had vending machines and an ice machine right down the inside corridor (+) and they had a decent spread of breakfast foods. (another +)

The general manager was very helpful and we recieved a better rate since we were here doing "Union" work which was a nice benifit since they ARE the ones recieving the power my boyfriend is fixing. lol

Would stay here again. Oh yea, COMPLETELY booked! We got the next to the last room...at 6 am!!!

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JP914