All reviews room was clean one night stay sage diner front desk clerk virginia beach roadside motel minute drive would stay here again free breakfast md highway
Reviewed 6 April 2012

Not a bad place for the price. Staff was excellent. Breakfast okay, need a little improvement w/ variety. Rooms clean, beds comfy. Definitely can see the owner is upgrading the property and rooms, bit by bit. Has the old time 70's charm to the property that we enjoy. Does need further upgrades that seem to be forthcoming. Left an article in room, when we discovered our missing item, a quick phone call, our item was located and put in a safe place until we returned 2 days later. Was impressed with this as recently we stayed in another hotel and forgot something, upon returning within 2 hours, staff "couldn't locate" our item (a kingsized special pillow), but this hotel went above and beyond, as item left at this Econolodge had a $500.00+ value, and was quite small in size! Will stay again!!!

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Staff was nice. Location was right on the highway.. but not real noisey as the traffic was light at night. We had something stolen out of our boat which was parked in the lot outside our room.
TV was on the fritz. Took an hour or more to warm up so that you could watch it.
I'd stay again if I had to go to the area but I'd stay in the back and lock up anything I left outside.

Room tip: King rooms are in the back where it's quiet. If you want convienience... there is a queen room that is nice and connected to the office right next to vending, ice, breakfast and laundry.
Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2012

We stayed here last week. The room and motel seemed a bit dated, but functional. Upon entering the room, it looked clean overall. A bit musty smelling, but I would expect that for an older place. Vanity and bathroom both looked recently remodeled, and the carpet looked fairly new. Decor wasn't spectacular, but we were only there for a night. Some of the furniture showed some age. One outlet wasn't working, but the main one near the light at the nightstand was fine. A few scuffs and rubs on some of the paint on the door. Both beds were comfortable, and fairly solid. Sheets and bedding looked clean and freshly bleached. The only thing i happened to notice was a couple of candy wrappers, a goldfish cracker, an ear plug, and a toothpick under the beds, not much attention to detail by cleaning staff. Aside from that, the room seemed fine, but when I woke up in the morning, I had some little welts on a couple of places. Not sure where they came from. My friend didnt have any issues with her bed that i'm aware of. After wakeup, the AM breakfast was good, pretty much a continental breakfast. Standard toast, cereal, bagels, donuts, strawberry banana yogurt only, coffee, juice, milk. They had a waffle maker, but i didn't use it. Some other folks did and they seemed to be having trouble getting the waffle out of the iron. I heard a couple of comments about how it would have been nice to have somthing to grease the iron to make it easier to get the waffle out. No fresh fruit. The breakfast nook was very nice for an inexpensive motel. Staff very nice and friendly, as far as I could tell. I turned in a comment card so I hope they read it. Motel okay for the rate, I suppose. You might just want to use your own discretion about staying or not staying. Location was excellent and quiet. We were there in the off season, so I'm not sure how it is during tourist season. I'm not so sure I'd stay there again.

Date of stay: February 2012
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Friendly, helpful service. Comfortable, quiet room.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My boyfriend and I checked in here one night on our way down to the outer banks. One hour after check-in we had had enough and got back in the car and kept driving! I have never been so disgusted in my life. Like some of the other reviewers have noted, the owner was nice.... Which has nothing to do with anything if you ask me. There was a puddle of urine crusted on the bathroom floor, the room smelled of gasoline, pillowcases and bedding were yellowed. Fearing bedbugs, I lifted the mattress and mattress cover. Relieved to find no bedbugs, however, further disturbed by the brown spots and hair which were gathered in the corners. Since all we needed was a few hours of rest, we considered sticking it out until morning. Turned off the lights and tv and could not fall asleep over the sounds of some guy in the room next to us having a "good time" and strange clicking/crackling noises coming from various corners of the room.

As a Choice Hotel brand name, I expected better hygiene and quality. This place should be shut down and Choice should be ashamed to call this one of their properties.

If you need a place to stay in the area, the Holiday Inn Express nearby had an equally friendly desk attendant and offered much better accommodations!

Date of stay: October 2011