All reviews room was clean one night stay sage diner front desk clerk virginia beach roadside motel minute drive would stay here again free breakfast highway
Reviewed 7 October 2011

My boyfriend and I checked in here one night on our way down to the outer banks. One hour after check-in we had had enough and got back in the car and kept driving! I have never been so disgusted in my life. Like some of the other reviewers have noted, the owner was nice.... Which has nothing to do with anything if you ask me. There was a puddle of urine crusted on the bathroom floor, the room smelled of gasoline, pillowcases and bedding were yellowed. Fearing bedbugs, I lifted the mattress and mattress cover. Relieved to find no bedbugs, however, further disturbed by the brown spots and hair which were gathered in the corners. Since all we needed was a few hours of rest, we considered sticking it out until morning. Turned off the lights and tv and could not fall asleep over the sounds of some guy in the room next to us having a "good time" and strange clicking/crackling noises coming from various corners of the room.

As a Choice Hotel brand name, I expected better hygiene and quality. This place should be shut down and Choice should be ashamed to call this one of their properties.

If you need a place to stay in the area, the Holiday Inn Express nearby had an equally friendly desk attendant and offered much better accommodations!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Suzanne1027
Reviewed 16 August 2011

I have been staying in this motel every now and then .This is clean motel .I was shocked to here this and I totaly disagree with this commemt.There are no bedbug in this motel.Conterary staff is very cooperative and clean swimming pool and great breakfast.I strongly recommend this motel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My sister, my daughters, and I stayed here for one night before spending a day on Chincoteague Island. It was wonderful, especially for the price. The room was very clean and comfortable. My girls loved the pool. The people working there were fantastic. We left something behind and went back later and they could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The only thing nice about this place was the pool. The motel was a dump.
The sink drain had a smell coming from it. The shower tub would hardly drain. I took a quick shower and it took 20 minutes for it to drain. We wanted to give our grandchildren a bath but wouldn't dare. We will never stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank aesop11
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed one night on family vacation. The place was clean and above the standards of most Econolodges. Upon departing, we had a major problem with our car and the manager was amazingly helpful, assuring that our vacation was not ruined, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family