“Fabulous and a great price”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Pocomoke City
Springfield, VA
“Fabulous and a great price”
Reviewed 15 August 2011

My sister, my daughters, and I stayed here for one night before spending a day on Chincoteague Island. It was wonderful, especially for the price. The room was very clean and comfortable. My girls loved the pool. The people working there were fantastic. We left something behind and went back later and they could not have been more helpful.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Oakville, Connecticut
Reviewed 4 August 2011

The only thing nice about this place was the pool. The motel was a dump.
The sink drain had a smell coming from it. The shower tub would hardly drain. I took a quick shower and it took 20 minutes for it to drain. We wanted to give our grandchildren a bath but wouldn't dare. We will never stay here again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank aesop11

Travellers are raving about these Pocomoke City hotels

Woodmere, New York
Reviewed 17 July 2011

Stayed one night on family vacation. The place was clean and above the standards of most Econolodges. Upon departing, we had a major problem with our car and the manager was amazingly helpful, assuring that our vacation was not ruined, I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Herminie, PA
Reviewed 17 July 2011

The EconoLodge is apparently an older hotel and some areas are in need of general maintenance. I don't deduct points for that because I believe it's naive to think that every part of every hotel shold be in pristine condition at all times. There were no major problems except for the refrigerator not working, which we did not realize until the day before we left. The room was sufficiently clean and certainly there was no "musty smell" as such an issue would have played havoc with my wife's allergies. The bed I think was more comfortable than our bed here at home. High speed wireless Internet is available in the room but we had to be VERY careful where we placed the laptop as a difference of 5-10ft made the difference between sufficient signal and no signal. The only difficulty I had was with the staff, and please note the use of DIFFICULTY rather than ISSUE. I haven't yet made up my mind about the morning front desk lady. She was never mean or nasty to me or anyone else that I witnessed but yet she seemed to be annoyed at times if she had to do any work. Apart from that, two of the three housekeeping staff I spoke to apparently spoke little English. They were willing and happy to help, but they often didn't understand what it was that I was asking. I found the continental breakfast to be more than adequate as it did provide hot waffles, coffee, juice, toast, cereal and some pastries. My wife was disappointed though that it lacked eggs and meat such as bacon or sausage. Our main purpose in being at this hotel was to be close to Chincoteague, VA since we could not afford in-Chincoteague prices. I spent a lot more time driving the albeit short distance two and from Chincoteague than I thought I would so if it's at all possible in the future I will stay in Chincoteague. Barring that, I believe I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 27 June 2011

OMG, the musty, mildew smell was so funky that we were unable to sleep. My brother had to go get Febreeze, Lysol and car deodorizer trees to try to de-funk the room. The old bathroom crevices gave all of us the shudders! The ceiling paint was peeling & the chair in the room was stained so badly, it really should have been thrown out. At one point, we had to call the manager to come fix the cable connection. He was very nice, but not nearly enough for the condition of our room. The bed and carpet was damp and funky because the air conditioner just was not cutting it. I finally turned it off because it was making more noise than anything.

Speaking of noise, the people in the next room may as well have been in our room. At one point my brother had to go ask them to keep it down because they were so loud and the walls so thin.

The next morning, I had to go to the front desk to get something and I told the woman there about the smell. She said it was one of the rooms that doesn't get aired out much. If only the bad smell was the problem. We did get there late, but that does not excuse the condition of the room we were given. Overall, this hotel is really rundown and because I am not used to staying in places like this, it was really exacerbated! I allow that had the smell not been so overwhelming, I could overlook the other stuff for the night. Never again! I would rather sleep in the car. I'm sure I would have rested just as well. People have commented about the breakfast being good - there is no way I would have been able to eat anything from there. Even after I showered, I still couldn't get that musty, mildew smell out of my nose/head. The photos I looked at did not resemble the room we were given.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
18.0 km away
Comfort Suites Chincoteague
Comfort Suites Chincoteague
#3 of 19 in Chincoteague Island

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK