“Great Little Place”

Mutiny Pirate Bar & Island Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Mutiny Pirate Bar & Island Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 116 Restaurants in Pasadena
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 18
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ahoy you scurvy dog! Permission to come aboard has been granted! Prepare for a bounty of good food and drink at Mutiny Pirate Bar and Island Grille. Serving classic bar food with a Caribbean twist in a relaxing, laid back atmosphere, where we make everything from scratch in house. All of our cocktails are lovingly crafted using fresh squeezed juices, house infusions and syrups, and carefully selected rums from our huge selection; one of the largest in the United States. Our beer program features a dozen rotating drafts including some of the best craft beers from breweries both local and beyond. The Bar and Grille offers fabulous foods, an ocean full of beverages and the friendliest crew on the high seas. Under the watchful eye of the Captain, there are plenty of good times and laughter as he steers the ship toward fair winds and the carefree life of a pirate. If ye be lookin for adventure, then come aboard. MUTINY awaits!
Reviewed 12 December 2017 via mobile

I know that this restaurant is a miniature version of its former self. I’m sure it will never pass muster with customers that know and love the old location.

I’ve never been to the other location but the new one has a lot going for it; size not being one them. Despite the small size and the laughable suburban location, Mutiny is a great little place.

The food is all made in house. No frozen, pre-made entrees and appetizers. The menu is diverse and creative and the service was prompt and friendly.

We were lucky enough to sit at the bar and the bar tender was great, friendly and attentive. Although the food was great, she and other staff members rounded out the experience.

The only down-side was that I arrived too late for the soup of the day. But it truly was late and the place has been very busy since they’ve opened their doors, so missing out on a menu special wasn’t overly surprising.

We’re looking forward to our next visit. Definitely worth a trip to the heart of the Pasadena suburb.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

This place is fantastic. It is a nice little bar with great food and cold drinks. They are moving soon to what I think is a better spot and I cant wait!

Reviewed 3 December 2017

My wife and I ventured into Mutiny's new location yesterday. The first thing that we observed is that the place is quite small. We found a couple of vacant seats at the bar where we were greeted by the friendly bartender. Although the bar specializes in rum drinks, there was an decent draft beer selection comprised of mostly local breweries.

After placing our drink order, we scanned the menu and choose the crab dip for an appetizer. It was pretty good. It is served with Old Bay kettle chips instead of the traditional bread companion. My wife got the Gunner Shrimp for her meal while I opted for the Seafood Gumbo. Both meals were very good.

The crowd was very lively and it was quite loud. But we were used to it, so we joined in on the festivities. We had a nice conversation with the bartender as well as a few of our fellow patrons. The only somewhat negative thing that I'll say is that you can run up quite a bill if you plan on hanging out here for a while. The drinks can be rather expensive.

Overall, we had a really good experience and will likely be returning in the near future.

Reviewed 23 November 2017

Visited the new Mutiny Pirate Bar in their new digs in Pasadena. Service was FLAWLESS and the food was prepared PERFECTLY! Great NEW bar with upscale cocktails in a neighborhood setting! Management was caring and on point.
I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!

Reviewed 23 October 2017 via mobile

This spot is a little off the beaten path but don't let that stop you from going.... the inside has a cool vibe to it. Great rum drinks which is their specialty. We had the gunner shrimp, Brussels sprouts, sliders, calamari, fried Mac and cheese balls, crab dip and crab covered fries. SOOOOOO GOOOOOOD!
Definitely stop in, take your time, and enjoy.

Been to Mutiny Pirate Bar & Island Grille? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK