“THE WORST! I've tasted in a lifetime. SOUTHERN?”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
JNJ Southern Kitchen
Ranked #102 of 143 Restaurants in Owings Mills
Cuisines: American
Description: Specializes in American Southern cooking. Next to The Big Cheese Pizzeria in Owings Mills.
Reviewed 25 March 2017

I was soooo disappointed Don't advertise southern cuisine if you have no clue. They took my money but I honestly am afraid to know what the meat was made of . It was not hamburger meat.The side dishes were tasteless and I wasted my money.

Reviewed 20 August 2016 via mobile

I am from the south and was surprised at how good the food was and seasoned very well. I come at least once when I am in the area and will normally get a plate to take back to the south with me. I have had the oxtail with rice, greens (which are just like my mother's) and Mac and cheese. I have hade the jambalaya, the fried catfish and the triple forest cake. I haven't been disappointed yet. They give you large quantities of food and they are fairly reasonable.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

JNJ is a good attempt at Soul Food. Some of the food is acceptable but the fries bugged me. This is the first place that ruined the French fry for me. I don't know if it's old potatoes but this is why I stop ordering from here.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This restaurant was disappointing. The food was plentiful but horrible. I'd not return nor recommend. I was looking forward to a southern cooked meal but forget it. The ribs were dry, dry dry-the whole meal was terrible. Most all of this meal ended up in the garbage.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Was here recently with 3 others. Food took about 30 minutes to come and I gotta say, I've had better at KFC and Popeye's. The chicken was tasty, the breading however was somewhat bland. The biscuits looked like KFC biscuits that had been wrapped up in cling wrap.

This is a take out / delivery place that happens to have a few tables inside but they don't want you to eat there really. Food comes in styrofoam containers, so naturally the hot grease from the chicken melts a hole thru the styrofoam. I really hope the delivery guy has a clean car....

Speaking of clean, the bathroom was absolutely disgusting. That reason alone will keep me from coming back. Dirty and a funky smell. Makes me wonder what the kitchen, that the customer can't see, looks like.