“Meh”

Add it.
JNJ Southern Kitchen
Ranked #102 of 143 Restaurants in Owings Mills
Cuisines: American
Description: Specializes in American Southern cooking. Next to The Big Cheese Pizzeria in Owings Mills.
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

JNJ is a good attempt at Soul Food. Some of the food is acceptable but the fries bugged me. This is the first place that ruined the French fry for me. I don't know if it's old potatoes but this is why I stop ordering from here.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

This restaurant was disappointing. The food was plentiful but horrible. I'd not return nor recommend. I was looking forward to a southern cooked meal but forget it. The ribs were dry, dry dry-the whole meal was terrible. Most all of this meal ended up in the garbage.

Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Was here recently with 3 others. Food took about 30 minutes to come and I gotta say, I've had better at KFC and Popeye's. The chicken was tasty, the breading however was somewhat bland. The biscuits looked like KFC biscuits that had been wrapped up in cling wrap.

This is a take out / delivery place that happens to have a few tables inside but they don't want you to eat there really. Food comes in styrofoam containers, so naturally the hot grease from the chicken melts a hole thru the styrofoam. I really hope the delivery guy has a clean car....

Speaking of clean, the bathroom was absolutely disgusting. That reason alone will keep me from coming back. Dirty and a funky smell. Makes me wonder what the kitchen, that the customer can't see, looks like.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

I've had their jambalia and I have to admit you get a lot of food for the money. My wife had the fried chicken and I have to say these peices were pretty big. Very juicy and tender.

2  Thank Dan B
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I have visited this restaurant a few times. I absolutely love the ribs, home made Mac and cheese... and the fish is great. I was really surprised that the "southern" cooking was so good, especially in the middle of no where in MD. Great place for take out or delivery.

3  Thank SarahK2012