“Nice, clean, affordable place to rest. Hard to find in Ocean City, MD.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
EconoLodge Oceanfront Ocean City
Ranked #75 of 103 Hotels in Ocean City
Salisbury, Maryland
“Nice, clean, affordable place to rest. Hard to find in Ocean City, MD.”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stay down in Ocean City quite a bit for nighttime entertainment, and finding a clean and affordable place is always like finding a needle in a haystack. $90 total for a one night Saturday stay at this time of year usually puts you in a roach motel. Both front desk clerks that I iteracted with were knowledgeable and friendly. The room wasn't the grandest in the land, but it had all of the usual amenities that you expect to find at this rating level. Everything was clean and in working order, the bed was comfortable, and surprisingly, the location was quiet, I thought it would be noisier. The hotel is right on the beach with beach access, and has two pools. Very impressed with the facility for the price.

Room Tip: Oceanfront on the first floor does not provide a view of the water due to dunes in the way
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Weezulman
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I picked this hotel because it was close to the beach. I stayed there over labor day weekend and we stayed in the building closer to the road (since it was more that $200 cheaper than the oceanside building.) There are bedbugs somewhere in that building. Both the matress and the boxspring were enclosed in bedbug entrapments (the heavy zippered bags your mattress in when you have an infestation) and showed the telltale brownish bloodspots of bedbug waste. The mattresses themselves however were brand new. The sheets and comforters had the spots too. I literally pulled the beds apart, pulled the pictures off the walls, took the covers off the electrical outlets and I saw no bedbugs in our room, but they are there somewhere. The room was just dirty in general and worn out. The exhaust from the air conditioning unit smelled like sour milk. I kept out bags in contractor bags and have begun the freezing/frying process of "decontaminating" all our belongings.

Save yourself the work and the restless sleep and book somewhere else.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank exhausted247

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Lewistown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We will definitely stay here again and the price was just right! We stayed in the oceanfront part of the hotel and it was much better than I expected. When I booked the hotel I was nervous because it was so cheap but it really exceeded my expectations. The front desk staff was very helpful and the room was clean and relatively roomy. I stayed with my husband and our 2 and 4 year old boys and I did not really feel too cramped for all the more we were in the room. We had a hard time keeping a wifi signal but other than that I had no complaints. We loved the balcony, the ocean view, and the 2 pools. It was a great trip!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Natalie S
Baltimore
Reviewed 27 August 2011

My daughter and I just wanted a quick trip to the beach before jumping into our fall schedules. We were just going to go for the day, but then I saw the reviews for Rodeway and decided it was worth it to have a shower and bathroom handy, and then we could spend the better part of two days at the beach! The staff were very friendly. We arrived 2 hours before check-in and they told us we could park, use the bathrooms and changing rooms and the pools (indoor and out) all before we checked in to our room! Then when we were checking out, we asked if we could leave the car in the lot for a while and they once again offered all the same amenities! We also received a free upgrade to an oceanfront room! Our quick trip couldn't have been nicer.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cathy B
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 August 2011

This is the 3rd time we have stayed here . We love the location( 2 blks past end of boardwalk), and the oceanfront rooms are wonderful! We love the mini fridge(waist high one) so we can put in juices and water and leftovers that we can reheat in the microwave! I can overlook the fact that the line to hang wet suits on in bathroom wasn't there or there was a bit of rust on that hardware that was supposed to have that line. You have a continental breakfast in the bldg where you check in. This is great for something lite. My only problem is that you have guests filling up there big travel mugs and thus having the employees making coffee more often! Should be a sign stating please use foam cups provided. Those guests are being rude! This is the least expensive hotel on beach w/oceanfront rooms, trust me, I have checked! We enjoyed ourselves immensely and it was so convenient to go down to beach and pool and go up to room when needed. I just wish the owners would maybe update bathrooms with a different shade of paint and shower heads. Other than that, go and have fun!

• Stayed August 2011