“So, So.....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
EconoLodge Oceanfront Ocean City
Ranked #71 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 17 August 2011

It is a nice hotel if you do not want frills and are on a tight budget. I am not one to complain and I definitly do not have one here. We stayed just one night (was booked for 2 but had to leave early bec of home life, booked thru expedia so knew I was not getting my money back) no issues. Rooms are on the small side, smoking was def a smoking (you could smell it). Everyone was nice that I ran into.
I would suggest getting a room on the beach side location. Building by the road is ok, just not close to the pool.
Thanks for an OK stay

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank GMSuper8Gettysburg
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Great location just a couple blocks from the north end of the boardwalk! Glad we stayed off -boardwalk, nicer view with dunes in front instead of cement, crowds, and trolleys. Fantastic view and easy beach access from the Ocean Front building!!! The room was spacious and clean, beds were comfortable (except motel standard bedspreads-brought my own comforter), nice little kitchenette (coffee maker, microwave, mini fridge, basic dishes, no oven), good counterspace in bathroom. Balconies were reasonably private with stall-type wall between. Indoor and outdoor pool were a little cloudy but they vacuumed out all the sand every morning. Off street parking was always available. The service people were nice, taking time to give me directions/recommendations. Sometimes took the stairs down because the elevator was kinda slow at peak times. Free wireless internet was available but slow and not always dependable (still nice for a quick review check :). No guest laundry but laundromat across the street if you needed it. As with any beach motel, stay above the 1st floor (dunes) for a better view. Overall, no complaints-would definately stay again! I suggest calling the hotel direct-I got an oceanfront room that wasn't on the itnernet and a better price.

Room Tip: Got a better room selection and price by calling the hotel directly
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktjnemo
Reviewed 26 July 2011

This hotel was perfect for what we visited it for. It offers a convienient location right on the ocean at 30th street. The hotel consists of two buildings, a motel building and the oceanfront building. We stayed in the oceanfront building. The room was nice. It had two double beds and a sofat with a pullout bed. The room also features a balcony overlooking the ocean. There is an indoor and outdoor pool as well. The outdoor pool closes at 6 PM which is quite early but on the bright side the indoor pool is open until 10. This hotle also had a free breakfast but it was nothing special just juice and some prepackaged pastries but the room had a small kitchen with a microave so if you wanted you could bring some food and eat it in the room. The housekeeping staff was very nice. On several ocasions I was aksed by the housekeeper if I needed anything else in the room. Unlike many OC hotels the housekeepers speak English here. That is very nice for communication when you need something. Overeall I reccomend this hotel to someone who wants a nice room at a very reasonale rate.

Room Tip: Stay in the oceanfront building.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jwags99
Reviewed 11 July 2011

My boyfriend and I wanted a no-frills, affordable room in a good location with internet access. We were not disappointed. The room was very clean, the bathroom-which was white- was spotless. We stayed two nights for under $300. We had a fridge, microwave, and balcony- and for a couple who likes to spend their money on activities like jet-skiing and para-sailing, this hotel fit us perfectly. I'm not sure about the quality of the pools because we had fantastic weather and if I'm at the beach, I'll swim in the ocean. The service was average; the staff was professional but didn't do back-flips for us. We're not needy people, though. I work in the hospitality industry and I get so irritated with reviews that pick apart places. The reality is that some people are never happy and complain about something everywhere they go. I will definitely return to this hotel my next trip to OC.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stef319
Reviewed 25 June 2011

Me and my boyfriend stayed from June 20th-24th for beach week. We stayed in the OCEANFRONT building, so this does not apply to the street side building.

Positives:

Check in was quick and easy. No security deposit necessary! So if you're a RESPONSIBLE beach-week visitor, that's great.

The beach is quiet and uncrowded, perfect for families or couples trying to avoid rowdy seniors.

Boardwalk is is just a short walk away.

Jolly Rogers across the street, Embers Buffet a few blocks away. (walking distance!)

Excellent lighted parking, however it was outdoor.

The efficiency with microwave and fridge is perfectly convenient for small meals. No stove to prepare anything big though.

Continental breakfast was small, but sufficient. Name brand, individually wrapped bagels, danishes, and muffins. Lots of juice and coffee. Come early, closer to 10am is when it starts to get picked through.

Negatives:
The beds had a sheet and bedspread, no blankets. We had to call the front desk to ask for an extra BUT they brought it up promptly.

Bring your own blanket anyways, they're a little scratchy.

One morning one of the housekeepers started scolding my boyfriend for dropping a boogie board on the hall floor. She said we were dirtying up her clean floor with sand. HOW RUDE!?

There was one outdoor shower for rinsing off sand, but it was barely shin/knee height.

Elevator broke TWICE. Not fun on the 5th floor, but it was repaired fairly promptly both times.

Balconies aren't entirely private. Someone could easily get onto yours from the next one if they really wanted.

Overall:
It was great for the price. Just a few minor glitches that prevented it from being absolutely perfect, but its not the small amenities that make a vacation great, its how you handle them and move on with your enjoyment. Bring your own blankets, expect friendly, prompt service from the front desk, but not so much from the housekeepers. If you have request, they will fulfill it if possible. No crazy teenagers so savor the quiet atmosphere. A short walk to the boardwalk so seize the convenience. I would definitely recommend this to a friend or anyone, so please don't hesitate in booking this, as long as you're not expecting a Hilton.

Room Tip: Higher Floor=Better view; Bring own blankets
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple