New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Inn Gold Coast

Comfort Inn Gold Coast
Ranked #29 of 108 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Run Down and Dirty Hotel”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2012

Stayed two nights. 3/30 and 4/1. Two of the women at the front desk were always pleasant but Bryan, the manager I believe, must have been absent from Hotel Mangagement(if he even went to college and majored in this) course on customer relations/professionalism because quite frankly..he had none. I complained about noise (not his fault I understand, because low lifes are what they are...) and was met with a "Well what do you want me to do about it?" I would have expected more of a professional response. That is all. The irony is that when I checked in he was quick to tell my children who are young teens to remember to keep it down after 9pm! I told him right then and there that my kids know better. Too bad some other parents with kids didn't. Apparently, many parents take these sport weekends that are suppose to be about their kids as an opportunity to drink and party well into the early morning hours. Low class and disturbing. I only expected the manager of this hotel to be empathetic to my compalint. That was not the case.
The room was ok. I did find dirty tissues stuffed down back of mattress and hair that was not mine on the bed's under blanket. The pillows are tiny, lumpy pillows. Very uncomfortable. Toliet could have been cleaner. The pool? Disgusting. There is no other word for it. The location of the hotel is behind a run down strip mall. Not very pleasing to the eye when you pull in.
I am sure there are much nicer hotels for the same price as this one along Costal Hwy. I would never, ever stay at this hotel again!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank Jenn6786
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Cape May, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We were there for a 3 day cheer competition. The place was completely packed. We didn't get in until after 10pm and there was quite a line at the front desk. The staff was efficient and got the line down to nothing in no time flat. When we got to the clerk it was such a pleasant surprise to find such happy people helping us. We had asked in our online reservation for adjoining rooms and we were concerned that it wasn't going to happen because the place was so booked, but they were ready for us and had the adjoining room just like we requested.

I had to go to the front desk a few times, not for major issues, just simple questions, and they were more than happy to help. It is sad that I found the pleasantness of the staff so alarming, but it is such a rare thing to find anymore and I just cannot say enough wonderful things about them.

The beds were very comfortable. The bathrom was small, but the shower was strong (in other words the water didn't drip out of the shower head).

If I had any complaint it would be the pool. It was not very clean, and the clorine smell was so strong it burned my eyes and my throat just sitting poolside watching my kids.

I will definately go back!!!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank jadael69
Linfield
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

First, I would like to say that I understand the situation this past weekend was not normal with a convention there. But when I called down to the front desk because of the loud noise, I never expected the manager to say that he could not do anything about it until after 11 o'clock. He had to comply with the city ordience. I could maybe see this outside of the hotel but not inside. Brien informed me that all he could do was to evict the whole hotel and that would mean me also. I said find. Please do it. Of course he was just threatening me. I could well afford to go to any hotel on that strip. I was there because it was recomended by the school.

Also on Saturday in the lobby a man was past out on the chair and I just sat and watched. I couldn't believe that no one from behind the desk didn't go over and wake him up to go to his room. I wish I had taken a picture of that.

Also, with all those children, the pool was so cloudy and I never saw anyone test the pool. It was so mucky, I would never get it the pool or the hot tub. I would never recommend the Comfort Inn to anyone. I was also told by Brian that we received reduced rates but when I checked on line, the rate was the same. I can't believe people really don't check on line first.
I know I will.

Room Tip: ALWAYS check Trip Advisor first. Even If a block of rooms are held. You may find that the bargin t...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
North New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2012

Quick check-in on a Saturday night for just an overnight stay while traveling. Hotel was full because of a large soccer group. Used my choice points for this stay good thing I reserved in advance via the Choice Hotels website. Assigned room 309 and found it very clean and updated. Small but nice bathroom. Flat screen TV 2 queen beds, desk and all furniture was in good condition. The internet connection was fast, very good no problems. The public areas were nice and clean. The desk staff was nice and friendly. There are ice machines across from the elevators on floors 2, 3, 4 and 5. Only the machine on floor 2 was working, the other 3 machines only made noise but no ice. Overall a nice Comfort Inn Hotel that I would have no problem visiting again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank njbud
Chambersburg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

Hotel was clean, comfortable & up to standards, far above "chain rating". Only downside was no free breakfast, but Denny's was attached (& with what I saved, paying for breakfast was not an issue. We had a convention in a neighboring hotel that was almost twice as much per night (those who stayed at that hotel met us at Denny's for breakfast so it worked out great). Did not use pool, but wi-fi worked as it should have.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Stephen H
CIGoldcoast, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn Gold Coast, responded to this review, 21 February 2012
Thank you so much for your recent stay and kind words about our accommodations. We are glad to have exceeded your expectations, and hope to see you again soon!