“not the worst but not the best” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Islander Motel

The Islander Motel
Ranked #96 of 102 Hotels in Ocean City
cumberland, md
“not the worst but not the best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

ok. we stayed here the first of june with our one year old daughter. we booked it ahead of time and got there early. they wouldnt let us check in till 1pm.. then i had to sign a waiver stating that we wouldnt tear up the place(it was senior week and they thought we were high schoolers). even though all that was a hassle, the hotel room itself wasnt bad.. it was def. older looking but for an overnite trip id book there again. i wouldnt want to stay there a week though.. there were a few bad points, 1.there wasnt an alarm clock..thankfully we had our cell phone on us.. 2.you could hear the outside noise. the walls werent very insulated.and 3 i didnt like being treated like a bad seed when i was trying to have a day away with my husband and daughter..besides that we didnt have a bad time.. i didnt get in the pool so im not sure if it was clean or not...would i book there again???well if i was only going over night w/o my kids..

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank alison d
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Towanda, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

I never have felt compelled to write a review until I stayed at this dump. The first thing we noticed when we walked in was the smell, terrible. We had reserved a efficiency room so much to our surprise when we found 1 fork, 1 knife, 1 plate, 2 cups and a unplugged refrigerator. The carpet was filthy, there was something black on the ceiling above the door not to mention the room above us, their plumbing was leaking right over one of our beds. You could also hear every footstep in the room above. The bed consisted of a 4" thick foam mattress but unless you wanted to sleep on the filthy carpet thats what you were stuck with.
Our toilet leaked in the bathroom which led to the carpet being soaked as it leaked out of the bathroom.
Just please do yourself a favor and spend the extra money to stay somewhere else.
Never again!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank btwagner

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

My son & friend suggested we check out The Islander when we visited Ocean City, MD in July 2010. We haven't been to Ocean City MD in 27 years. We found The Islander to be inexpensive, very clean, very close to the Boardwalk & ocean. We especially were very pleased with the service & friendliness of the workers. This week will be our 3rd stay @ The Islander since July!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank facbilltown79
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

BELIEVE ME THIS COULD TURN INTO A SMALL NOVEL, probably will , Sorry..but it is THE TRUTH...THIS PLACE IS FREAKIN RIDICULOUS and THIS PLACE STINKS(LITERALLY)) and I am AMAZED that they are still in business . I am surprised they haven't been condemned and/or shut down for a major CLOROX disinfecting - heck they would need a tanker truck full to get started on the smell.... AND THIS IS ONLY THE TWO ROOMS THEY STUCK US IN -also, the place needs remodeling, revamping,etc, etc...I COULD GO ON AND ON..sorry...I went to the owner explaining my disatisfaction,(BTW I never once cursed or raised my voice) ...and all I got was," NO REFUND, I MAKE IT BETTER, I FIX IT.I CHANGE ROOMS BUT....NO REFUND", etc, etc and well 15 minutes later...what myself and my family got was a different room with the same stench, a broken chair (lucikly no one sat in it and got hurt(LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN...LUCKY SOB) and one night from HELL. Obviously, the owner is not from AMERICA and his only concern obviously was $$$..I didn't go there...but wanted too... so IF you are reading this STAY away, and tell anyone you know who might go to Ocean City...STAY AWAY from the ISLANDER MOTEL, you will be definitely worse off than Gilligan and the SS Minnow. .PLEASE STAY AWAY, SAVE NOT ONLY YOUR $$$.. SAVE YOUR WORRIES, YOUR SANITY AND YOUR HEALTH. I HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL... Their Address is: 2001 Philadelphia Ave. OC, MD 21842....AND I WILL BE TELLING ANYONE AND EVERYONE I KNOW THIS STORY....
THANK YOU.
PS... I think I forgot about the hairs in the CLEAN bed and the MOLD on the shower curatin and rod...the dusty air conditioning unit, dusty fan in the bathroom.....the unplugged refrigerator and air conditioner unit...sorry...didn't want to leave that out...OOPS...I MAKE IT RIGHT...SLEEP TIGHT..
GOOD NIGHT...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank kernsmick
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

The Islander has a great location to the boardwalk, beachfront, etc. It is owned and managed by a super friendly and charming family. When you stay at the Islander, you feel like you are at home among family and friends.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple