“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #96 of 102 Hotels in Ocean City
Towanda, Pennsylvania
“NEVER AGAIN!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

I never have felt compelled to write a review until I stayed at this dump. The first thing we noticed when we walked in was the smell, terrible. We had reserved a efficiency room so much to our surprise when we found 1 fork, 1 knife, 1 plate, 2 cups and a unplugged refrigerator. The carpet was filthy, there was something black on the ceiling above the door not to mention the room above us, their plumbing was leaking right over one of our beds. You could also hear every footstep in the room above. The bed consisted of a 4" thick foam mattress but unless you wanted to sleep on the filthy carpet thats what you were stuck with.
Our toilet leaked in the bathroom which led to the carpet being soaked as it leaked out of the bathroom.
Just please do yourself a favor and spend the extra money to stay somewhere else.
Never again!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
5 Thank btwagner
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2010

My son & friend suggested we check out The Islander when we visited Ocean City, MD in July 2010. We haven't been to Ocean City MD in 27 years. We found The Islander to be inexpensive, very clean, very close to the Boardwalk & ocean. We especially were very pleased with the service & friendliness of the workers. This week will be our 3rd stay @ The Islander since July!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank facbilltown79
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2010

BELIEVE ME THIS COULD TURN INTO A SMALL NOVEL, probably will , Sorry..but it is THE TRUTH...THIS PLACE IS FREAKIN RIDICULOUS and THIS PLACE STINKS(LITERALLY)) and I am AMAZED that they are still in business . I am surprised they haven't been condemned and/or shut down for a major CLOROX disinfecting - heck they would need a tanker truck full to get started on the smell.... AND THIS IS ONLY THE TWO ROOMS THEY STUCK US IN -also, the place needs remodeling, revamping,etc, etc...I COULD GO ON AND ON..sorry...I went to the owner explaining my disatisfaction,(BTW I never once cursed or raised my voice) ...and all I got was," NO REFUND, I MAKE IT BETTER, I FIX IT.I CHANGE ROOMS BUT....NO REFUND", etc, etc and well 15 minutes later...what myself and my family got was a different room with the same stench, a broken chair (lucikly no one sat in it and got hurt(LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN...LUCKY SOB) and one night from HELL. Obviously, the owner is not from AMERICA and his only concern obviously was $$$..I didn't go there...but wanted too... so IF you are reading this STAY away, and tell anyone you know who might go to Ocean City...STAY AWAY from the ISLANDER MOTEL, you will be definitely worse off than Gilligan and the SS Minnow. .PLEASE STAY AWAY, SAVE NOT ONLY YOUR $$$.. SAVE YOUR WORRIES, YOUR SANITY AND YOUR HEALTH. I HOPE THIS WAS HELPFUL... Their Address is: 2001 Philadelphia Ave. OC, MD 21842....AND I WILL BE TELLING ANYONE AND EVERYONE I KNOW THIS STORY....
THANK YOU.
PS... I think I forgot about the hairs in the CLEAN bed and the MOLD on the shower curatin and rod...the dusty air conditioning unit, dusty fan in the bathroom.....the unplugged refrigerator and air conditioner unit...sorry...didn't want to leave that out...OOPS...I MAKE IT RIGHT...SLEEP TIGHT..
GOOD NIGHT...

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank kernsmick

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2010

The Islander has a great location to the boardwalk, beachfront, etc. It is owned and managed by a super friendly and charming family. When you stay at the Islander, you feel like you are at home among family and friends.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JoeChacon
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2010

The place gets bad reviews but its super cheap. Stayed 4 nights at the end of june and it cost me $70 per night tax included.

The room we had wasnt bad. It had 1 double bed, a fridge, table with 2 chairs and a tv. It was pretty clean, not spotless but nothing nasty. The bed itself sucked. The box springs was stained and looked aweful. The mattress was only about 4 inches thick and it was covered by a plastic mattress protecter.

The Islander is an ok place to sleep and shower. The nicest part is the pool. It made me mad however that the pool closed at 9pm but that the creepy owner could have private parties in it until midnight.

The location is good. 21st and bayside. right next door to fishtales and a few blocks from the salty dog and paddocks. only a 3 minute walk to the beach.

We went during a senior week so there were alot of young kids 16-20 years old staying with out supervision. They seemed to be placed in the rear building and all of the families seemed to be in the front building.

Overall if your not too picky and need something cheap the islander will work.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple