The place gets bad reviews but its super cheap. Stayed 4 nights at the end of june and it cost me $70 per night tax included.
The room we had wasnt bad. It had 1 double bed, a fridge, table with 2 chairs and a tv. It was pretty clean, not spotless but nothing nasty. The bed itself sucked. The box springs was stained and looked aweful. The mattress was only about 4 inches thick and it was covered by a plastic mattress protecter.
The Islander is an ok place to sleep and shower. The nicest part is the pool. It made me mad however that the pool closed at 9pm but that the creepy owner could have private parties in it until midnight.
The location is good. 21st and bayside. right next door to fishtales and a few blocks from the salty dog and paddocks. only a 3 minute walk to the beach.
We went during a senior week so there were alot of young kids 16-20 years old staying with out supervision. They seemed to be placed in the rear building and all of the families seemed to be in the front building.
Overall if your not too picky and need something cheap the islander will work.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As a family owned and operated business, we understand how important it is to keep our customers completely satisfied. From our flexibledaily, weekly and monthly rates to our spacious, quiet lodgings, we are the perfect location for a great vacation! UNDER New Management ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Islander Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Islander Hotel Ocean City
- Islander Motel Ocean City
- Islander Hotel Ocean City