“"Worth the Price"” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #81 of 102 Hotels in Ocean City
Plains, Pennsylvania
“"Worth the Price"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2012

My family and I have been staying at the Plim for 8 years atleast. Yes it is a bit dated and can use some fix ups but I am on Vacation for the ocean and other activities not to be in the hotel room all day. First off location is spot on can't get no closer to what you want to do. Second the pool and outside bar is one unlike any other. Even the food is good and affordable. I will stay here every year without hesitation. If you don't get parking at the hotel then yes you half to walk a block up the street to your car maybe 1 1/2 min "No big Deal"
If you stay here expect the hallway and rooms to be older and a bit dated but like i said i am not on vacation to stay in the room all day, just to sleep. My parents stayed her for their first time and really enjoyed themselves. Especially the outside pool area with the bands.

Room Tip: We stayed in the communicating room poolside. This was the best room to get by far. It was a smoking...
2 Thank Phillip A
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Atlanta, GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2012

We spent one night at the Plim Plaza. The first room was everything but smoke-free to the point where we needed to request another room, so that we would not get nauseous. The second room strongly smelled off cleaners and the carpet was wet in a large area. The room itself was not entirely clean.

We did not look for a Hilton (although we could have stayed at one in other parts of the country for the price the Plim Plaza charged), but we did expect a clean and sanitary room.

The only positive is the location to the boardwalk which can hardly be topped.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SimonUA

Travellers are raving about these Ocean City hotels

Springfield, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

I just brought my daughter to OC for a few days as a birthday present and we stayed here, most likely the biggest mistake of this vacation! Terrible to below average service at best, the place simply REEKED to high heaven of mold or mildew and that doesn't even include the fact that the stench from the smokers floors seeped to every corner of the hotel. Carpets were just freakin' filthy, there were black mildew stains on the ceiling of the shower, the toilet was almost falling out of place, wallpaper was peeling, air conditioner didn't work properly (our clothes and magazines/books actually became MORE wet in the room than they did in the car), bathroom vent fan was blown, etc, etc...
The "double" room was so small that I could almost do a standing broad jump from the door to the window, I was actually impressed that they could fit two double beds in there. Even the cheapest of double rooms I've stayed at before have had space for a table and two chairs, this place only had one chair stuffed into a corner and that was only there to cover up an unfinished wall panel. If the normal status of the hotel is this bad, then please DO NOT try to get ice from any of the machines (even if you can find one that works), there is no doubt what-so-ever that the machine is filled with bacteria and filth and doesn't meet health standards.
I've stayed in so many hotels over my life that I can't even count, but if you listen to the folks that say that this place is "perfect for R&R" or a "great value" or "perfect for family" then you are being misled by folks who simply don't know any better. For these people to call this place a "Resort" hotel is beyond understanding. If you want to stay here then roll the dice, but I would say to just stay away...

3 Thank Mark H
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Well I can't say it was the best place I have ever stayed but it wasn't too bad. The location was great in terms of being close to everything. I could have done without the noise. But then again, I chose it knowing that there was a bar on site. The room was clean however it needed some renovations done. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They allowed us to check-in almost 4 hours early. I would stay again if I didn't have the kids with us and if they do some renovations.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Meg52787
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

I must say I love the Plim Plaza, I stayed here last year & again this year, These people who are writing the bad reviews must be looking for a Hilton, the Plim Plaza is not a Hilton, the rooms are small yes, but who spends time in their room, You can't beat the location it's right near everything & the pool & the hot tubs are BIG plus for this hotel. They have a nice big deck out front so you can sit and people watch on the boardwalk. This place is kept very clean I think & the staff was always friendly to me I have never had a problem. I love the pool side bar & the music was fantastic, but if you don't like loud music then I don't recommend a pool side or view of the pool room, as you can hear the music very loudly. My room didn't have any problems like peeling wall paper and things like that, personally I wouldn't care really I don't spend much time in my room anyway. As for the people complaining about a musty smell in the hallways, what do you expect it's right next to the ocean...I will be a Plim Plaza regular every year, as I love this small resort, it also has the biggest pool in OC !!!

2 Thank GhosthunterKim