“great location on board walk”

Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites
Ranked #78 of 104 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 4 May 2012

this hotel has a great location on ocean city MD boardwalk, but that is all i can say about our stay this time. the people that stayed there were very roude and loud, all nite and i am talking all nite. 8:00 pm uitil 3:30 am. told the front desk three different nites about the noise and they did nothing. the made left our door open three times also. front desk again did nothing.
we really did like the hotel in years past but we have changed ore minds on this stay.
just a helpful though.

Room Tip: upper floor or a rfoom by itself, don't know if that is possable
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank fordman02
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 30 April 2012

We have been staying at the Tidelands for the past 4 years (2-3 times per year). We especially look forward to Sept Delmarva Bike Week. The Tidelands 2 room suites with a street side balcony is the best when it comes to getting a perfect view of all the motorcycles riding by. I can see that they do need to do repairs and maybe some paint on the walls but overall we have never experienced a cleanliness problem. Staff has always been helpful and considerate. We love the fact that they have two pools (one of which is roof top) and have a bar with food right at the pool. Trust me...I have stayed at some real dumps in OC and do not plan on doing my business there again. As for the Tidelands.....See you in September!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jen D
TidelandsHotel, General Manager at Tidelands Caribbean Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Repeat Customer,

We gave you a price discount at check in, as you know, for being a repeat customer. We had available rooms, were in off- season, and were happy to do so for you. We cannot always do this. We made a one time exception for you! You were THRILLED! Our hotel was recently repainted. We spent all Spring repainting all of our rooms. Our records indicate that you had absolutely NO service problems while you were here. We often saw you in and around the hotel and you always appeared happy and smiling. We look forward to seeing you back here later this season.
We value your business and work hard to keep you happy!

Tidelands Caribbean Hotel Management

Reviewed 29 April 2012

A friend and I stayed at Tidelands April 28th and 29th. We ran in the OC 1/2 marathon so the location was great since the race started at the inlet parking lot. Rooms were just okay. Is was clean but shows age. Location was great and that's what you pay for. Check in was terrible and the front desk woman didn't seem to know a lot. We had 2 cars and she said only one parking pass per room but couldn't help when I asked were can I park. She said on one of the streets. They have overflow parking right across the street that was empty I guess she didn't know that. Check out was good but it was a different person. My rate was $120 per night through Expedia. Now there is no way I would pay the summer rate of $250-300 per night. It's just not worth it. But for what I needed and the price it was fine this time. Just don't expect top service and awesome rooms and you'll be ok.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank flyinburrito

What exactly was the problem at check in? You did not elaborate. Our staff is well trained. We feel that you are just upset that we supply ONE free parking pass (parking space) per room, and you wanted 2 parking passes. We see no validity in your writing a not so great review.

Reviewed 29 April 2012

We got there early and were able to check in early. The front desk girls were great. They were sweet and very quick. While I was checking in, a lady who informed me she was the owner handed me a paper to fill out on this website about what I liked about the hotel.I won't say her name but it starts with an "A" BEWARE! When we finally got to the room, the room was not clean - mold and dust and dirt everywhere, but we called to the front desk and the housekeeper came up and scrubbed the floor for us and around the tub. Although this shouldn't have to happen, since the rooms should already be clean, we didn't complain since she worked her butt off. The hot water never got hot. The AC didn't work. Never did the heat. We asked for a blanket, but of course they were out of those as well.

I later went down to the lobby to sit and wait on my husband. They at least have a nice tv and couch to sit on. I proceeded to listen to the owner scold one of the girls at the front desk for not making a sale. I mean really? I work in customer service so I know how it is. You can't make someone buy a room they don't want. It was very unprofessional of the owner to treat her in that manner AT ALL but, especially in front of guests staying in the hotel. You can definitely tell, the only thing she is there for is to claim her money. Those poor workers definitely have a boss from hell!!

The location is perfect, It's close to everything. Boardwalk is great. Love the beach. I would love to give a good review about this hotel, but there isn't much to say. I wouldn't give another cent to this hotel for that rude woman to spend on her 50,000 car! HA

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2012 via mobile

My room was horrible. The mattresses are so bad it would of benefited more to go sleep on the beach. The website says the hotel was recently updated, what a LIE!! The only good things are the staff was very friendly and helpful. I booked my room with Trista and she gave me a great discount. She was extremely informative and easy to talk too. I also called back to extend my stay and I talked to Latoya I believe was her name. She was very helpful as well. Also the location is perfect.

But if you're looking for a clean comfortable room, don't go here. For a hotel that is so pricey in the summer, you'd think they would have better beds you know?

• Stayed: April 2012

Hello,

How LUCKY you were to receive a discount at our hotel! We are not sure why you got one, but good for you! We are happy that our staff was so friendly and treated you kindly as we always should. We value our customers. Mattresses often become worn and get replaced with new ones peiodically. We are sorry that your's was not up to liking. New mattresses are on order. Our hotels are constantly being improved, i.e. painting, carpet cleaning or replacement, mattress replaced every few years, etc. Yes, our location is top notch, the best on the beach, direct oceanfront and on boardwalk. Cant beat it! We hope to see you again and that we can make you happy!

Tidlands Caribbean Hotel Management