“Best view and best Chilean Sea Bass!”

Fager's Island Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #18 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 40
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Fagers's Island Restaurant and Bar is an award-winning bay front Restaurant featuring fresh seafood and our famous Prime Rib. Enjoy beautiful sunsets
Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

Fager's was recommended to my husband and my brother when they were golfing. We were not disappointed! The view in fine dining is unparalleled- especially at sunset. I enjoyed the best Chilean Sea Bass I have ever had, and the others had the excellent prime rib.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 October 2016

Reserved a table for six adults and a toddler in fine dining section. Table was waiting when we arrived including a booster seat - nice linens, water glasses and a beautiful view of the sunset. Our waiter was knowledgeable and experienced. He had other servers who helped fill glasses and change plates for various courses. Appetizers, crab molded in a shell and bacon wrapped shrimp were very good as was the Caesar salad. Beef tenderloin, prime rib and rockfish were outstanding and the crusty bread was brushed with a seasoned oil that was yummy. Sorry to say we had no room for dessert but the menu looked enticing.

Reviewed 24 October 2016

On my first trip, my husband and I took my father in law. My father in law is uncomfortable in settings that are a little pricey. The waiter we had worked so hard to make my father in law comfortable. When the waiter asked what kind of wine my F.I.L. liked, the response was "red." Not to be taken back, the waiter agreed that red was the best and then, through conversation, whittled down to what my F.I.L would like. The waiter was right on the money. When my F.I.L. was a little concerned he might have gotten food on his clothes, the waiter smiled and commiserated along with how easy it is to have that happen, although my F.I.L.'s clothes were just fine. The evening was an absolute delight- this was before we knew about the musical interlude to the setting sun. When we left, my F.I.L was having some problems walking/standing. Instead of making us wait for our car to be returned to us, they asked if we wanted to be driven to our car. My goodness- while the price was more expensive then we generally spend, it was totally worth it. Food was great- but by far the service out shined everything- including the musical sunset! Totally recommend this- do it at least once.

Reviewed 22 October 2016 via mobile

We went for our anniversary. We sat on the porch and watched the gorgeous sunset. Our server was nice but didn't come back to the table very often. We were there for almost 2.5 hours for appetizers and dinner. We took dessert to go because we couldn't stand waiting any longer.

The lemon lust dessert is fantastic!! That was the highlight of our dinner. The crab dip was ok - it was served with baguettes and a lot of broken avocado chips. I had the crab cakes - they were good but small for the money. My husband had the filet. He enjoyed it.

All in all - I would go back for the sunset view. I'd order cheaper things on the menu because the expensive ones were just average.

Reviewed 20 October 2016

You will never be disappointed eating here. The food is excellent as well as the service and the beautiful view of the bay. You have a choice of fine dining or a more relaxed laid back setting.