“Freshest seafood in Ocean City!”
Review of Hooked

Hooked
Ranked #14 of 439 Restaurants in Ocean City
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 35
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: With the success of Off The Hook, in Bethany Beach & Just Hooked, in Fenwick Island, DE, they have set the standard for local fare focusing on local seafood and produce. FRESH * HONEST * LOCAL
Reviewed 11 August 2015

There is no place I'd prefer to go for fresh fish when I'm at the beach. In addition to excellent food, the friendly and attentive service makes me feel like family. I highly recommend the calamari appetizer, and the scallops entree. The wine list is average and could use some work, but they haven't offered me a job to help with that yet!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 10 August 2015

We waited about 50 minutes on a summer Saturday night so I can't complain. We sat at the bar while waiting and had really good drinks -- peach margaritas & caipirinhas. For appetizers we split the tomato/mozzarella salad and bacon wrapped scallops. For dinner I had the seared scallops over cheesy grits which was wonderful. Others got the surf & turf with shrimp and a filet that was thick, tender and cooked perfectly; a mahi mahi special and a rockfish special. All was cooked well and was good. However, the rockfish had a large piece of very dark meat which should have been cut out and not served. I could have made a meal off the warm homemade bread for the table. No desserts as we were too full. Appetizers in the $10 range and dinners in the $25 range. No reservations taken. Service at the bar and our table was excellent. Definitely worth the wait and we will go back.

Reviewed 10 August 2015 via mobile

My favorite of all the places we ate due in our vacation. Excellent service, food was amazing. Definitely worth the hour wait for a table for our large group.

Reviewed 9 August 2015

I first experienced Hooked about two years ago, and it was wonderful. It appears they either have new management, and/or have grown complacent with their success. The food was average at best, and service so-so. For starters, 4 of 6 plates on our table appeared to have skipped the dishwasher, yeech. The caesar salad was way too fishy, and my 30 year old son, a caesar aficionado couldn't eat it. Kale chips were mushy. I had the tuna special. The meat was bland, the noodles barely warm, as well as the sauces, all luke warm at best. We all skipped dessert.

2  Thank CulinarySnob
Reviewed 7 August 2015

best food in OC without a question. Trendy and innovative style and presentation. We even had desert which is a rare event for us.

1  Thank Ashraf B