“Fantastic crab cakes!!!”

Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Steps from the Beach at 120th Street
Reviewed 15 July 2017

Boy, are we chumps! Spending $120/dozen for jumbo steamed crabs all week long when we could have saved ourselves all the work and come to the Crabcake Factory for the half-pound crab bomb for $25!!!! The crab cakes here were delicious!!! We ate dinner at the bar because it was pretty crowded but the music was great and the service terrific. Loved it...we've been to OC at least 6 times but never came here before. We will DEFINITELY be back next year. Can't wait to try the crab nachos.

Reviewed 14 July 2017 via mobile

This place would deserve an even lower score had it not been for Alex "Blowout" our server. He is truly one of, if not the best server we have had in OC in 40 plus years of dining here. Very attentive without being intrusive, great personality, candid suggestions and opinions when asked and all around excellent server. Honestly, his level of service was something you would see at the finest of restaurants in any metropolitan city. I would give home 5 stars!

Now, the hostess on July 13th must have been having a bad day. She was no ray of sunshine and certainly did not give us a warm and fuzzy feeling while we waiting briefly for a table to become available.

The food was definitely good, crab cakes are really 5oz lump meat with minimal filler but not the best I have ever had, I think Sneaky Pete's next to Hooper's gives them a run for the title. Now, the crab nachos were AWESOME, lots of crab meat, fresh salsa and cheese on top. My whole family enjoyed them.

Patrons beware of the annoying flies inside of the restaurant, this brings down their score because we were swatting flies the entire meal indoors, I would expect them outside but honestly we observed that outside had none because of the ocean breeze I guess. There are steps that the restaurant could take like installing door blowers like all the open air stores and restaurants have on the boardwalk.

Overall, the food was average except for the crab nachos and the service delivered by Alex was exceptional to say the least.

Reviewed 14 July 2017

My family & I visited the new establishment July 3th 7PM in OC on bayside 120th street . My husband and have made the Crab Cake Factory a staple each and every time we visit OC, bringing our numerous friends and extended family to their establishment on Rt 54 Fenwich - we raved to our family about it and was anxious to visit their new location. Upon arrival we gave our name to the Hostess stand and was told it was an hour wait - no worries we had plenty to talk about and were very happy with the décor and the company upon us. There was 8 of us! After an hour I inquired to the additional wait time and was abruptly told they were very busy and they were doing their best to sit us..and the "host" pointed to a table and told me to take my party there and someone would be with us shortly.. (I was dismissed ).. I was very taken back with the way the "host" spoke to me. I gathered up my party and sat at the "pointed" out table. As I was explaining to my sister the way I was spoken to , the "host" came over and questioned me to what I was saying and kept drilling me asking what I was saying .. I was very uncomfortable and felt attacked.. as I was so shocked he was questioning me..I responded in shock and said "excuse me" .. He kept it up.. when I would not fight back he left our table.. My family (it was their first time to CCF) said there are many other places we can spend our $ and chose not to stay. I was very saddened by the treatment we (I) received and still very shook up with the treatment from the staff member.. My shame... as I did inquire to his name.. as I should have but wanted to leave as soon as possible as my family was very uncomfortable .

5  Thank Kat C
Reviewed 13 July 2017

The name of the place is The Crabcake Factory, so you should know right away that is their specialty. The crabcakes are the best in the area, the crab dip is excellent, and the crab nachos are better than any other nacho related dish I have ever tried.

Normally, when you order nachos, you will have a pile of dry nachos, with a much smaller pile of toppings. As you eat the nachos, you inevitably run out of toppings and end up with a bunch of leftover nachos. You won't have that problem here. You can scoop up a nice size of crap meat, cheese, and other goodies with each nacho and still have plenty to go around. That is how nachos should be done.

The atmosphere is as much bar as it is a restaurant, so that is one thing to keep in mind, especially if you come at night. This is a fun, lively, friendly place to eat, and one of the few places I always recommend to people.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

After not getting a menu at blu crab house and raw bar we looked up this place on trip advisor. Didn't know if it would be be worth the trip up to 120th street but you get to ride the bus all day for three dollars. What a great decision. Service was great and the food was even better. Catch of the day was tuna. My wife and I both ordered blackened tuna which came with a 5oz crab cake ( real crab meat ) and dirty rice. Too much to finish in one sitting and about 25 dollars a real bargain.