“Best Happy Hour bites”

Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 3 June 2017 via mobile

My gal pal Gail and I, always, always pig out at Crab Alley during their HH at the bar upstairs. We have had every item on the menu and have never been disappointed. Steamed clams, wings, oysters on the half, and our favorite steamed shrimp or maybe it's the clams casino!?!? Either way Paul and Bunky make each trip unique with food and drinks. The prices are right, cheap if you ask me, the beers cold, and what a beautiful view of the harbor. Easy parking and the crabs!!!! How could I forget!! We've had our Mother's Day dinner at Crab Alley two years in a row, fat, heavy, delicious crabs, corn, hush puppies, and shrimp. My mouths just watering thinking about their food. If your in West O you gotta stop in and enjoy a locals favorite.

Reviewed 29 May 2017

We were there with a large group for a wedding rehearsal dinner, it was disorganized, service was slow and the food was just ok.

Desserts however were excellent!

Reviewed 24 May 2017

We met my sister and brother-in-law in OC for vacation and they were familiar with this excellent Tuesday happy hour. Drink specials and a big variety of small plate food items. Oysters, mussels, clams, $6 double cheeseburger, awesome crab dip with French bread. This is off the busy strip and a nice change. We didn't look at the regular menu but it seems to be a local favorite.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

I will first say that I did enjoy the food... the major problem here was the service.. Arrived around 4pm and there was only a few people there.. We were seated right away.. The hostess came back after 10 minutes and said that the waiter is very busy and she would take our drink order.. I looked around the room at the lack of people but said nothing.. After we received our drinks and the hostess walked away we waited another 20 minutes before the hostess returned again and SHE took our order.. waited another 20 minutes for our food which was brought by the hostess again.. We ordered AUCE so it shouldn't take too long for at least the fillers to come out... I then needed to track down someone to get a bucket and essentials to eat crabs.. Not to be a snob but EVERYONE knows what you need when you eat crabs... Then I would say 15 mins after we started eating , I think we finally met our waiter.. Don't know his name because he never introduced himself... For a place that wasn't busy, I at least expected to never run out of drinks... BUT... that happened too.. I will not be returning

Reviewed 12 May 2017

5 Stars for steamed crabs and Maryland Crab Soup. 3 Stars for crab cakes
Steamed Crabs were great. Five out of six were the best ever while the sixth one was bad. The bad one was replaced after the waiter had to make a snide comment about it when I showed it to him. Maryland Crab Soup was excellent. Had lots of Old Bay which made spicy so you better like it. Crab cake was not very good. Service was good. We will go back for steamed crabs. I gave the steamed crabs 5 Stars because they replaced the bad one. Had they not replaced it, I would have given them 3 Stars.